The Student Room Group

Where should i take my notes?

sooo I was wondering where/how I should have my notes for a level (I mean I haven't started yet since I just completed my GCSEs). So should I have a thick notebook for each of my subjects and take notes, or should I have loose paper and a folder?
thank youuuu!
imo lose paper and a folder for each subject

now I can arrrange my notes into sections (ie for which topic).
This is great since you will most likely revisit a topic in A2 or when you realize you forgot to add something
Original post by TheTroll73
imo lose paper and a folder for each subject

now I can arrrange my notes into sections (ie for which topic).
This is great since you will most likely revisit a topic in A2 or when you realize you forgot to add something

Ah ok so do you recommend a folder and paper? But I seem to like the idea of a thick notebook .....
Original post by Berrydo
Ah ok so do you recommend a folder and paper? But I seem to like the idea of a thick notebook .....

It really is a choice dpending on how you organize

I merely stated how I do it and why I prefer a folder

However, I doubt you can go wrong with a thick notebook :smile:

PS: Just bumped so that hopefully you get more users to reply to this for more opinions
Folders Mate. Folders are critical asf.
Reply 5
Folders, youโ€™ll get so much loose paper that you wonโ€™t be able to keep up with just a notebook.

I have a lever arch for each subject at home, then a normal sized folder I take in every day divided for each subject, and I take lined paper in each day. I only transfer work to the lever arches when I finish a topic.

Optional but not at all necessary: when it got to revising for my exams I had three of those expanding files with pockets in, one file for each subject.
Then Iโ€™d label the pockets with each topic for a subject and Iโ€™d use them for revision resources Iโ€™d made such as posters, flash cards mind maps etc (my college notes stayed in my lever arches to refer to)
Original post by OBAFGKM
Folders, youโ€™ll get so much loose paper that you wonโ€™t be able to keep up with just a notebook.

I have a lever arch for each subject at home, then a normal sized folder I take in every day divided for each subject, and I take lined paper in each day. I only transfer work to the lever arches when I finish a topic.

Optional but not at all necessary: when it got to revising for my exams I had three of those expanding files with pockets in, one file for each subject.
Then Iโ€™d label the pockets with each topic for a subject and Iโ€™d use them for revision resources Iโ€™d made such as posters, flash cards mind maps etc (my college notes stayed in my lever arches to refer to)

Ah ok thank you! Hmm but I do prefer a thick notebook over a folder...however I do see what you mean...like a folder is probably better. ๐Ÿค” I guess I could always have a thick notebook at home for each subject and make notes from class notes and textbook as revision?? ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค” but bringing in a folder everyday does seem a bit heavy ....
Original post by Berrydo
Ah ok thank you! Hmm but I do prefer a thick notebook over a folder...however I do see what you mean...like a folder is probably better. ๐Ÿค” I guess I could always have a thick notebook at home for each subject and make notes from class notes and textbook as revision?? ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค” but bringing in a folder everyday does seem a bit heavy ....

What about doing a bit of both?

What about you get one of these notebooks that allow you to tear pages (with pre-made holes) so that you can store the note pages in each of your
subject-specific folders (which imo should be separated by units/chapters of study) as well as being able to add any loose papers so that you can make the revision process easier in the end.

All you will then need at school are your pens, the notebook, and those tiny folder to place any loose paper that you may receive/require for the day. I am sure this would not be heavy at all (since the heavy folders always stay at home).
Original post by TheTroll73
What about doing a bit of both?

What about you get one of these notebooks that allow you to tear pages (with pre-made holes) so that you can store the note pages in each of your
subject-specific folders (which imo should be separated by units/chapters of study) as well as being able to add any loose papers so that you can make the revision process easier in the end.

All you will then need at school are your pens, the notebook, and those tiny folder to place any loose paper that you may receive/require for the day. I am sure this would not be heavy at all (since the heavy folders always stay at home).

Omg such a good idea! Thank you so much!! โœŒ๐ŸปโœŒ๐ŸปโœŒ๐ŸปโœŒ๐ŸปโœŒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿงก
Original post by Berrydo
Omg such a good idea! Thank you so much!! โœŒ๐ŸปโœŒ๐ŸปโœŒ๐ŸปโœŒ๐ŸปโœŒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿงก

no problem :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest