The Student Room Group

Change in household income

Any advice on changing my application for this upcoming 2018/19 year?

Im going into my final year of study and have never applied for student loan based on my household income due to my Dad's income being far greater than my mums,
But my parents are currently going through a divorce this summer so my predicted 2018/2019 household income will be based on my mothers salary alone, as she has always financially supported me through uni rather than my Dad (as well as my own earnings from part time work)

Would this be taken in to consideration when applying to change this years student finance application?
And would it be a case of just filling in the PFF2 form with this information?
Original post by k1746081

Im going into my final year of study and have never applied for student loan based on my household income due to my Dad's income being far greater than my mums,
But my parents are currently going through a divorce this summer so my predicted 2018/2019 household income will be based on my mothers salary alone, as she has always financially supported me through uni rather than my Dad (as well as my own earnings from part time work)

Would this be taken in to consideration when applying to change this years student finance application?

You would need evidence of separation but otherwise yes you could have the income reassessed on the current year. Theres a change of circumstances form somewhere in the online account.
Original post by k1746081

Hi, in order to base the application on just your Mum's income we'd need to see proof of divorce or separation.

The types of evidence we can accept to prove separation or divorce is a
- Decree Nisi or Decree Absolute
- Most recent Council Tax Bill showing 25% single person or single occupancy discount.

- Signed Affidavit - a sworn declaration they make in writing describing facts that they wish to state as true. They typically make an Affidavit under oath and sign it and have it stamped by a Solicitor. This would need to show the date of separation.

- Statutory declaration - normally drafted by a Solicitor who is usually a Notary Public or can be drafted by a Legal Executive authorised to administer Oaths. Alternatively, the declaration can be made before a Magistrate (also known as a Justice of the Peace) or some Magistrates Clerks at a Magistrates Court. This would need to show the date of separation.

You would need to send your evidence to Student Finance England, PO Box 210, Darlington, DL1 9HJ.

Warm regards, Aisha

Quick Reply