The Student Room Group

will i be prescribed Norethisterone?

im 17 and im going on holiday and i get really bad periods so i i want to delay it for this. if i go see a gp will they prescribe me Norethisterone even though im under 18?
Yeah you will. I got prescribed it by the doctors at aged 15. I think they ask you questions about when your last period was and work out how many tablets to give you :smile:
Having a period is better than the horrible side effects this gives you. I went on a two week holiday and the first week I was feeling extremely nauseous, had a really high fever and couldn’t eat, then in the second week I got sunstroke and was ill that week aswell. Do not risk it, I would advise going on the regular pill instead sothat it makes your period lighter
Original post by Anonymous
Having a period is better than the horrible side effects this gives you. I went on a two week holiday and the first week I was feeling extremely nauseous, had a really high fever and couldn’t eat, then in the second week I got sunstroke and was ill that week aswell. Do not risk it, I would advise going on the regular pill instead sothat it makes your period lighter

Personally I didn’t get those symptoms so it’s not the same for everyone. I have also been prescribed provera to delay a period which gave me awful side affects but I didn’t get any on norethisterone. Guess it depends on how your body reacts.

Quick Reply

Latest