will i be prescribed Norethisterone? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
im 17 and im going on holiday and i get really bad periods so i i want to delay it for this. if i go see a gp will they prescribe me Norethisterone even though im under 18?
Anonymous #2
Report 8 months ago
Yeah you will. I got prescribed it by the doctors at aged 15. I think they ask you questions about when your last period was and work out how many tablets to give you
Anonymous #3
Report 8 months ago
Having a period is better than the horrible side effects this gives you. I went on a two week holiday and the first week I was feeling extremely nauseous, had a really high fever and couldn’t eat, then in the second week I got sunstroke and was ill that week aswell. Do not risk it, I would advise going on the regular pill instead sothat it makes your period lighter
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #2
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Having a period is better than the horrible side effects this gives you. I went on a two week holiday and the first week I was feeling extremely nauseous, had a really high fever and couldn’t eat, then in the second week I got sunstroke and was ill that week aswell. Do not risk it, I would advise going on the regular pill instead sothat it makes your period lighter
Personally I didn’t get those symptoms so it’s not the same for everyone. I have also been prescribed provera to delay a period which gave me awful side affects but I didn’t get any on norethisterone. Guess it depends on how your body reacts.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (140)
18.16%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (78)
10.12%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (132)
17.12%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (109)
14.14%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (76)
9.86%
How can I be the best version of myself? (236)
30.61%

Watched Threads