I've lost motivation to do anything Watch

justanotherchica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
i literally feel dead inside, i have no friends, im not doing anything for my 18th birthday even tho people keep asking me, well i cant do anything because i dont think anyone really cares about me. I'm just at home all day long and its driving me nuts, i cant even lose weight and im just getting fatter and fatter. i keep having thoughts of ending my life . I had plans to be productive this summer, to write articles and to apply for jobs and increase my hours at work but idc anymore. and i kind of do but i dont feel any drive or passion. im miserable, and my mum can tell too. Bu its not like she cares enough to do anything about it. she calls me fat and then she feeds me junk food for dinner when she knows im on a diet so..
justanotherchica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
bump
JustSomeoneAlone
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I am in a very similar situation. What I would recommend doing is going to the gym or something. And you also have to talk to someone. I hated the sound of it but it does work. I won't go into it but I went from what my mind was like to feeling a bit better. It will take time to get over this but the place to start is by speaking to someone.
londinondi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by justanotherchica)
i literally feel dead inside, i have no friends, im not doing anything for my 18th birthday even tho people keep asking me, well i cant do anything because i dont think anyone really cares about me. I'm just at home all day long and its driving me nuts, i cant even lose weight and im just getting fatter and fatter. i keep having thoughts of ending my life . I had plans to be productive this summer, to write articles and to apply for jobs and increase my hours at work but idc anymore. and i kind of do but i dont feel any drive or passion. im miserable, and my mum can tell too. Bu its not like she cares enough to do anything about it. she calls me fat and then she feeds me junk food for dinner when she knows im on a diet so..
don't masturbate
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
JustSomeoneAlone
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by londinondi)
don't masturbate
what?
K.K.C
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
justanotherchica give me your Facebook ID I am too suffering from similar situation . We should have some talk. We can share things
K.K.C
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
what ?
K.K.C
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Give me your Facebook ID so that I can talk to you personally and we can help each other
Erika_Ashton
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Your situation sounds frustrating, and it sounds like you have a lot of concerns! I've found that it is sometimes helpful to take a step back and look at each concern as an isolated event. It can help the problems not seem so overwhelming

Take, for example, your comment about having no motivation. Something that has helped me when I've felt that way is to write out some goals that I have for myself. Brainstorm your goals, like finding a job or getting healthier, and then write out some practical and measurable ways to accomplish those goals.
For example...

Goal: Find a job
Steps: Apply for 2 jobs a day, 5 days a week, revise resume, etc.

Goal: Develop a healthy weight
Steps: Eat 3 servings of fruit a day, Run for 30 minutes, 4 days a week

This way you can see your progress

I also understand how lonely it can feel when it seems as though no one supports you. I'm sorry that your mom is not being kind. The reality of your situation is that you are not alone. Find the people in your life who DO care and work on your relationships with them. You are worth it, and you are stronger than you think.

I hope this has given you some encouragement. Remember, this summer is just a short season of your life. Things will get better.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by justanotherchica)
Same here
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (42)
11.93%
Yes - a food allergy (39)
11.08%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (11)
3.13%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
2.56%
No (251)
71.31%

Watched Threads