The Student Room Group

Why does she act like she likes me in person, but distant when I message her.

Basically, I met this girl. Known her for a few months now. Didn't get a chance to ask her out because when we met, it was peak assignment season and shortly after that, I had finals.

When I first met her, I felt like we clicked pretty well. Whenever I bumped into her at uni, we would always stop and talk to each other, and she would even leave her friends for a bit to come to talk to me. Apparently, she doesn't do this with our mutual acquaintances. She'd only greet them. I've only hung out with her a few times. Mostly club related events (that's how I met her), aside from this one time where we hung out with a group comprised of a mix of my friends and some of the club members.

My friends have pointed out that she tends to mostly stick with me. And the more I've got to know her, the more I've realised that she's actually inherently quite shy. She mostly only speaks when spoken to, however, my friends from the club have told me that I am the only one she talks to, and a couple of my friends (mostly the girls) have said with confidence that they think she likes me. I've also noticed that whenever we have to walk anywhere together, she always comes to my side, she tends to favour my left side....lol.

From past experiences, I learned not to take any "signs" as gospel. Even with the reassurances from my friends. However, I started getting pretty convinced after the last time I saw her. It was a party at my house, mostly for the club's committee. She came towards the end despite having prior plans and having just returned from a road trip, plus a plane to catch the next day. Even after about 90% of the people left, she stayed behind for quite awhile. I caught her looking at me quite a few times whenever I was not sitting with her. And when she had to leave, she didn't refuse my offer to walk her home. I actually asked her out for a drink sometime when she came back, and she was down for it but we didn't make any solid plans.

But......the more I feel like that she may like me. The more distant she seems when I message her. She'd take days to reply, and sometimes (twice) leave me on 'seen'/blue ticked. And she's never once started messaging me. Which really confuses me.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
she didn't refuse my offer to walk her home.

What were the entry requirements for that offer?

How many UCAS points?
Yea man if she been leaving you on seen and days then she might not be with it . Although If you still feel like something tell her in person 👍🏽

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending