The Student Room Group

Haven't seen my friends all summer...

Hello,

I've just finished 1st year of uni and thought summer would be a great time to catch up with my 'close' friends from sixth form. However, no one is home as they're on holiday or staying with their new uni friends and/or don't initiate conversations with me on social media. I feel so alone as I only made one good friends this year who has plenty of other friends of her own. I feel like no one really needs me and wants to be with me. I know staying in the house all day during summer isn't good but I don't know what else to do.
Don't worry I'm a loner as well. Find some hobbies you can do by yourself and try to go out with parents when you have the chance.
Original post by Gwenog_quidditch
Hello,

I've just finished 1st year of uni and thought summer would be a great time to catch up with my 'close' friends from sixth form. However, no one is home as they're on holiday or staying with their new uni friends and/or don't initiate conversations with me on social media. I feel so alone as I only made one good friends this year who has plenty of other friends of her own. I feel like no one really needs me and wants to be with me. I know staying in the house all day during summer isn't good but I don't know what else to do.

Get a job for the summer and make friends with your colleagues.
Original post by Other_Owl
Don't worry I'm a loner as well. Find some hobbies you can do by yourself and try to go out with parents when you have the chance.

Good to know I'm not the only one haha I do stuff with my parents but my sister thinks I'm pathetic because of that
Original post by DrawTheLine
Get a job for the summer and make friends with your colleagues.

Yeah I am applying for jobs, hopefully something will come of that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending