Turn on thread page Beta

Should Justine Greening be sacked? watch

ReputationRep:
    Britain voted to be out of the EU in 2016.

Now Justine Greening has gone against the will of the people and asked for another referendum.

The people have voted, we do not need to vote again.

Greening is opposed to democracy and should be sacked for going against Our destiny. The same should apply to any politician or civil servant who opposes the democratic path.

ReputationRep:
    Who in government is hasn't gone against democracy, apart from the ones who resigned.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all, she should be applauded. No deal will get through Parliament, and in any case, why shouldn't we vote on the deal?

ReputationRep:
    They are all changing their tune daily.

Its all behind closed doors there is no transparency in any of their thought processes with the public lol.

ReputationRep:
    Don't feed the troll.

ReputationRep:
    no

MPs are free to take positions different to their party or recent referendums.

Events are always changing and people are allowed to change their mind.

The Conservative Party is not the Theresa May Party or the Brexit Party, its a wide party with different views and perspectives amongst its members

ReputationRep:
    Are the trolls/Brexiteers really trying to claim that asking for a *public vote* is *against democracy*?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambitious1999)
    Now Justine Greening has gone against the will of the people and asked for another referendum.
    I am getting fed up of people using the term "the will of the people". A majority of Britains did not vote to leave the EU. Of those that did vote, a slim majority of people voted to leave the EU. And that was not legally binding, nor was it any more detailed about what leaving the EU actually means. So no, it is not the will of the people to leave the EU. In any democracy that that gets passed in parliament is a compromise. To do away with compromise is to live in a dictatorship. Is that what you want?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambitious1999)
    Britain voted to be out of the EU in 2016.

The people have voted, we do not need to vote again.

Greening is opposed to democracy and should be sacked for going against Our destiny. The same should apply to any politician or civil servant who opposes the democratic path.
    I voted to leave the EU, I didn't vote to leave the common market.

The people need their voice heard!

You appear to be the one against democracy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Don't feed the troll.
    "Anything I dislike is a troll" how pathetic

ReputationRep:
    BrexRef#2 here we come.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beth_H)
    Are the trolls/Brexiteers really trying to claim that asking for a *public vote* is *against democracy*?
    It is when there is a vote asked for something that has already been voted for.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)
    Except this is the infamous ambitious 1999 we are talking about. He has form.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I believe that any MP who fights for remain when they represent a leave majority constituency should be charged with treason and hung.

But I'm a bit right wing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Except this is the infamous ambitious 1999 we are talking about. He has form.
    Who cares who he is, he poses a pretty valid point. worst case it isnt a "troll"
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Who cares who he is, he poses a pretty valid point. worst case it isnt a "troll"
    Clearly you have no idea. Yes he is a troll, but you enjoy yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Clearly you have no idea. Yes he is a troll, but you enjoy yourself.
    If a racist makes a post saying "hello" is that post racist?

ReputationRep:
    NO! Not at all. She unlike PM has principals. We need a BREXITREF2 because so many issues were not discussed. *cough* *cough* the Irish Border.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    If a racist makes a post saying "hello" is that post racist?
    If I knew they were a racist, then they would be removed b by the mods.

ReputationRep:
    Look at OP's post history, the threads that this halfwit has started.

It's a weird troll, I grant you, but a troll nonetheless.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out there not human.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.