The Student Room Group

What's the most ridiculous name you have heard?

Bar celebrity baby names.
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Other_Owl
Bar celebrity baby names.

KVIIIlyn (pronounced Katelyn).
Reply 2
Anything that's supposed to be a normal name but spelled differently to be edgy.

So for example: Eric = Airwreck

Nevaeh is also stupid.
Starlight Cooper
Sailor, like why... is that a name...? And also Laykynn. Just like really obscure and unnecessary ways to spell typical names. (Sorry if I offended anyone.)
Reply 6
I'munique
Reply 7
I have met a Cherry (who is Austrian) and a Honey (who is half Kenyan and half something else).

However, the cake probably goes to that time I was walking on the street in Romania and heard a mother yell at her daughter, who was named Rubina :lolwut: (I can assure you Rubina is not a normal Romanian name :nope: )

Also in Romania, in a singing contest, there was a woman named Smaranda :erm:
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 8
Shuggy
Reply 9
One of my primary school teachers said they taught a pupil called Princess Irish (yes that's just the first name) :redface:
Boomquifa

Highlighted the part in bold just to demonstrate why this name is unfortunate, as well as ridiculous.
Original post by UWS

So for example: Eric = Airwreck

Just makes them look like they can't spell :biggrin: Looks like the answer an 8 year old would give when he didn't revise for a spelling test.

The weirdest name I've heard is possessed by an American girl... Her name is Democracy.

Her siblings weren't unfortunately called Freedom, Capitalism, 'Merica! but Faith, Grace and Gunner.
(edited 5 years ago)
****?!
Other_Owl
Mary Christmas
Wayne Kerr
Mike Hunt
Justin Ramsbottom
girl at my church was called eyecandy.
any stupid hyphenated first name, like kacy-rose, ava-louise-may. Or what I like to call 'teen mom' names, because of the stupid names the girls on that show call their kids, like, Brickly, jaylyn, hunter/huntly, you know, those, wanna be posh but tacky names. I also went to primary school with this boy called Sharon, boy did he have a tough time. And for the love of God, and I have come across a child with this name, DO NOT CALL YOUR DAUGHTER RENESMEE.
Original post by Cereidee
any stupid hyphenated first name, like kacy-rose, ava-louise-may.

My first and middle name have a hyphen between them (a.k.a. a hyphenated first name to anyone outside my native country) because having a hyphen between the first and middle name is just as common as having none where I come from. It very much depends on who is writing the birth certificate, since the person writing it can choose whether to use a hyphen or not if the parents state no preference :redface:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Michiyo
My first and middle name have a hyphen between them (a.k.a. a hyphenated first name to anyone outside my native country) since it is just as common to have a hyphen between the first and middle name than to have none where I come from and it very much depends on who is writing the birth certificate, since the person writing it can choose whether to use a hyphen or not if the parents state no preference :redface:

~stupid~ hyphenated first names, ones that sound like it belongs to a fairy.
Reply 19
Original post by Bill Nye
Other_Owl

Ha ha very funny.

Quick Reply

Latest