The Student Room Group

My friend is doing weed, should i stop him?

so i like snooping around peoples phones, im sure some of you do as well, my friend was logged onto a different friends phone on Instagram and basically at a party he was drunk and let out a few things such as smoking weed and getting a bj from a gal and stuff like that, i don't care about the sexual stuff because i do it as well but for someone who aims to become a police officer in the future i find it upsetting to know my close mate does weed, i talked to him about to him and said he does indica which he uses for anxiety, i realise weed isn't super harmful but since it's illegal it does concern me. should i let him use it for his anxiety or should i try and get him to try something else?

Scroll to see replies

Live and let live.
Just let him do it. You can't be a mother for him.
Isn't accessing his phone without his knowledge illegal?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by runtime-error
Isn't accessing his phone without his knowledge illegal?

Attachment not found
It's not your business what he does. Leave him be.
Snitches literally get stiches g. Dont snitch but its good that you care about your friends health
all my friends smoke weed n i’m 15 so lol it’s fine
if you disagree with it, stop being friends or don’t do it. thatswhat i do, i’ll let them talk about it and do it all they like but i know i’d never join in with them.

and if you want him to try something else maybe just smoking. i know it’s bad but it’s better than doing something illegal?!

wow my advice is great
just don’t stress
Original post by JustSomeoneAlone
Attachment not found

He wants to be a police officer and is having a moral dilemma with his friend doing weed because its illegal, yet he admits to multiple accounts of gaining unauthorised access to computer material, which is illegal under the Computer Misuse Act, Section 35. Hypocrisy much?
Haven’t you also broken the law by snooping on his phone.
Original post by Rainfall
Snitches literally get stiches g. Dont snitch but its good that you care about your friends health

He doesn't care about his friend's health; he cares about its illegality status. If his friend was/is gay and it was illegal to be gay, he would feel conflicted because his morality is derived from what is illegal under the law.
(edited 5 years ago)
He doesn't care about his friend's health; he cares about its illegality status. If his friend was/is gay and it was illegal to be gay, he would feel conflicted because his morality is derived from what is illegal under the law.

He wants to be a police officer and is having a moral dilemma with his friend doing weed because its illegal, yet he admits to multiple accounts of gaining unauthorised access to computer material, which is illegal under the Computer Misuse Act, Section 35. Hypocrisy much?

Original post by clouddbubbles
all my friends smoke weed n i’m 15 so lol it’s fine
if you disagree with it, stop being friends or don’t do it. thatswhat i do, i’ll let them talk about it and do it all they like but i know i’d never join in with them.

and if you want him to try something else maybe just smoking. i know it’s bad but it’s better than doing something illegal?!

wow my advice is great
just don’t stress

i do care about my friends health plus how they do in life, doing something illegal and getting them in jail and them using it for anxiety and needing money so they steal and do anything for weed is mental health and yeah of course if something happened because they smoke weed and they became mentally stable it would upset me and i would feel bad. it's not all about the legality.

i might of mistyped some stuff, i don't know if this is illegal as well but it was not me who had the account (instagram) my friend had it. this is not the friend who does weed and he asked if he wanted to see his message and yes i did. but don't be so pedantic,i think you know weed is probably harmful than snooping on a friends phone who has my friends account. it's like someone leaking nudes.. it's not me who sent them out so having ownership of the material is not my problem.

i've decided i'll let him make his own decisions because i think he is smart enough not to get caught.
Original post by Anonymous
so i like snooping around peoples phones, im sure some of you do as well, my friend was logged onto a different friends phone on Instagram and basically at a party he was drunk and let out a few things such as smoking weed and getting a bj from a gal and stuff like that, i don't care about the sexual stuff because i do it as well but for someone who aims to become a police officer in the future i find it upsetting to know my close mate does weed, i talked to him about to him and said he does indica which he uses for anxiety, i realise weed isn't super harmful but since it's illegal it does concern me. should i let him use it for his anxiety or should i try and get him to try something else?

You are the sort of kid who would have had his head shoved down the school bog in my day - twice. Mind your own business.
Original post by Seamus123
You are the sort of kid who would have had his head shoved down the school bog in my day - twice. Mind your own business.

i really wouldn't, least not in my school most are frightened is anything. mind my own business? so let me give u a scenario, police man see's killing a man - mind your own buisness, yes this is a more exaggerated version, but weed CAN effect your mental health so really im worrying for my mate, bare in mind i dont know too much about indica.

Cops do weed anyway
so i like snooping around peoples phones

You are the worst kind of person.

Stay out of it.
Original post by TimmonaPortella
You are the worst kind of person.

Stay out of it.

stay out of my friends wellbeing, anxiety can be helped other than weed.
Why? Haha, there's nothing wrong with weed imo, it's just another recreative drug like alcohol yet you'll let your friend drink right?
You should stop yourself from invading people's privacy like this. Don't snoop.
Original post by DrawTheLine
You should stop yourself from invading people's privacy like this. Don't snoop.

ok first of all it wasnt his phone, a different friend had possession and said wanna take a look at his dms i was like yeh why not.

Quick Reply

Latest