QTS Professional Skills Test MEGATHREAD Watch

agnesmachalica
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I have my Professional Skills literacy test tomorrow and I am wondering if when you do your spellings - on the actual test - does it get red underline if the word is not spelled correctly?
I am panicking a bit, and I usually can correct myself if I know the spelling is wrong...
Nirene
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I had my test today also. How did you get on with the test?
(Original post by agnesmachalica)
I have my Professional Skills literacy test tomorrow and I am wondering if when you do your spellings - on the actual test - does it get red underline if the word is not spelled correctly?
I am panicking a bit, and I usually can correct myself if I know the spelling is wrong...
agnesmachalica
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi! I passed! It was harder than the practice ones I did though... next week - maths - I’m dreading that as well! Hopefully all my night time revision will pay out!
Nirene
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The numeracy was def easier. Well done! I passed both of mine today. I had help from QTS Maths Tutor. I bought their package. The YouTube vids are enough though. You will have time at the start to note down bits that can help.
(Original post by agnesmachalica)
Hi! I passed! It was harder than the practice ones I did though... next week - maths - I’m dreading that as well! Hopefully all my night time revision will pay out!
Gcartlidge
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi guys has anyone got and advice for the literacy test? This will be my 5th time doing the skills test after being 1 mark off! I thought I did really well and felt like I passed. But I dropped marks in spelling,punctuation and comprehension. I have revised lots sat there at work with words I struggle to spell,all around my computer and I practice the tests constantly. Anyone have any advice or help please.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Gcartlidge)
Hi guys has anyone got and advice for the literacy test? This will be my 5th time doing the skills test after being 1 mark off! I thought I did really well and felt like I passed. But I dropped marks in spelling,punctuation and comprehension. I have revised lots sat there at work with words I struggle to spell,all around my computer and I practice the tests constantly. Anyone have any advice or help please.
Good luck for today.

If it doesn't work out today, I'd strongly suggest getting a tutor to help you. A lot of the spelling words are about testing particular spelling rules, and a tutor will be able to help you identify these, as well as working with you on the comprehension and punctuation sections. If you've tried 5 times, unfortunately, the problems are probably a bit bigger than anything anyone can solve with a few tips online.

But seeing a tutor in person even for a few sessions could really help you.
Gcartlidge
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thank you! I’ve contacted my cousin who has just qualified with teaching I’m always one mark away or just a few away and it’s really a kick in teeth! I failed today with 1 mark away! Just hopefully next time I will pass which will be my 5th time. I am a stresshead to I was the exact same with my driving theory I constantly overthink and then go back and change things I knew I had right. With the practice tests I’m passing them it’s when I get in the exam room.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Gcartlidge)
Thank you! I’ve contacted my cousin who has just qualified with teaching I’m always one mark away or just a few away and it’s really a kick in teeth! I failed today with 1 mark away! Just hopefully next time I will pass which will be my 5th time. I am a stresshead to I was the exact same with my driving theory I constantly overthink and then go back and change things I knew I had right. With the practice tests I’m passing them it’s when I get in the exam room.
That sucks.

Hopefully your cousin will be able to help. Otherwise, it might be worth contacting your ITT provider- they can often offer help and support to people who are struggling with the QTS tests!
Gcartlidge
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yeah she’s supplied with me with a lot of learning backs I just need to stop worrying and start believing in myself!
hak012
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
For anyone struggling with Maths, I would recommend you install Mathswatch first (search and download via youtube) and do the topics listed on the QTS Maths skills website (make sure to download it as it is a PDF file listing all the topics that would be on the real test). Then moving onto Numeracy Ready which asks you to pay £20 for 20 tests which were in my view, much harder than that given to you on the test. Once you complete 10 and get more than 70+ consistently, move onto the real test. You'll feel your nerve almost disappearing after answering the first practice question during the real test and end up passing. I found out about numeracy ready after it was suggested on TSR so credit goes to the awesome dude who wrote it here.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (209)
12.75%
Excited (146)
8.91%
Worried (296)
18.06%
Terrified (370)
22.57%
Meh (151)
9.21%
Confused (36)
2.2%