The Student Room Group

What's Bucks New University like?

As above! I've been reading reviews on here and they are quite mixed :/ I am wondering if anyone has any up-to-date reviews as I've been reading 5-4 year old ones!! Thanks in advance!
Original post by Kim^-^
As above! I've been reading reviews on here and they are quite mixed :/ I am wondering if anyone has any up-to-date reviews as I've been reading 5-4 year old ones!! Thanks in advance!

I have just completed my Criminology degree at Bucks Uni this summer. What sort of things did you want to know about?
Reply 2
Original post by Seamus123
I have just completed my Criminology degree at Bucks Uni this summer. What sort of things did you want to know about?

Thanks for getting back to me! I'm wanting to study policing! I'm wondering about the teaching, night life, pretty much most things up there. I've read that there was a shooting and a knife fight!? Just would like things cleared up a bit! Do you enjoy it?
Original post by Kim^-^
Thanks for getting back to me! I'm wanting to study policing! I'm wondering about the teaching, night life, pretty much most things up there. I've read that there was a shooting and a knife fight!? Just would like things cleared up a bit! Do you enjoy it?

The teaching is excellent. We would sometimes have policing students in our lectures/seminars. Night life is good for youngsters. I’m a bit older but I live about 15 minutes from uni which is in the town centre. I haven’t heard anything about a shooting. We have some anti-social behaviour issues of course but no more or less than any other town.
Reply 4
The teaching is excellent. We would sometimes have policing students in our lectures/seminars. Night life is good for youngsters. I’m a bit older but I live about 15 minutes from uni which is in the town centre. I haven’t heard anything about a shooting. We have some anti-social behaviour issues of course but no more or less than any other town.

Ah okay! Well that's a bit more positive :smile: so there is a night lift then? Cheers
Oh, yes, plenty of night life! Loads of eating places too. Are you going into halls?
Reply 6
Oh, yes, plenty of night life! Loads of eating places too. Are you going into halls?

No idea, haven't yet applied!! Thinking about Bucks and Cumbria university at the moment, just deciding! Bucks is 3 hours away whereas Cumbria is 6 😅
Original post by Kim^-^
No idea, haven't yet applied!! Thinking about Bucks and Cumbria university at the moment, just deciding! Bucks is 3 hours away whereas Cumbria is 6 😅

Travelling home isn’t so bad in 1st year but it gets a bit much in 2nd and 3rd years.
Good luck whatever you decide.

Quick Reply

Latest