GCSE Spanish Watch

empathizing
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hey everyone,
I'm going to be in Year 10 next year and I will be taking Spanish as a new subject along with French (which I have been doing since Year 7) and Spanish and I want to get a head start in because I'm the only one in my year taking two languages at GCSE. Does anyone know anything I could do over the summer to help with Spanish so I don't walk in completely baffled?
Thanks.
Ds_04
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi
I've been doing GCSE Spanish for a year now and something you need to understand is the verb table.
There are different types of them such as future, preterite and many more.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
lucieol
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by empathizing)
Hey everyone,
I'm going to be in Year 10 next year and I will be taking Spanish as a new subject along with French (which I have been doing since Year 7) and Spanish and I want to get a head start in because I'm the only one in my year taking two languages at GCSE. Does anyone know anything I could do over the summer to help with Spanish so I don't walk in completely baffled?
Thanks.
Memrise and Quizlet are great for vocab and you can usually find courses on there that are tailored for GCSE level vocab. I'd make sure you know how to conjugate verbs in the main tenses too (present, preterite, imperfect, conditional and future) along with the most common irregular verbs (ir, ser, dar etc.)
LibertarianMP
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
It's spanish, don't worry it will never matter in the long run.
Liv2109
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hey!
I'm exactly like you! I was the only one to do the two languages in my school and I had quite a struggle with Spanish as I was only allowed to do it for an hour a week compared to three hours for French, but nevertheless I have been predicted an A*. I have literally just finished my GCSE's though. May I ask what exam board you are with? Then I'll be able to help you further

If you have any questions or need help with anything please feel free to ask
username4162760
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Another double language GCSE student :woo:

As said above, I would look at grammar and basic tenses (present, preterite and future r a great place to start) so that u become familiar

Also u usually begin GCSE with talking about urself so try to learn stuff like ur nationality, age, family Bc that should help u
empathizing
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by Liv2109)
Hey!
I'm exactly like you! I was the only one to do the two languages in my school and I had quite a struggle with Spanish as I was only allowed to do it for an hour a week compared to three hours for French, but nevertheless I have been predicted an A*. I have literally just finished my GCSE's though. May I ask what exam board you are with? Then I'll be able to help you further

If you have any questions or need help with anything please feel free to ask
I will be doing the AQA exam board if that's any help?
CoffeeAndPolitics
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hey everyone,
Thanks.
There’s apps such as Duolingo that will be great for languages like Spanish and you can do a bit everyday for a headstart to GCSE Spanish. Through that you can gradually pick up new vocabulary but I wouldn’t panic too much, you’ll be up to scratch in no time.
Liv2109
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I will be doing the AQA exam board if that's any help?
I have a few things from my GCSE that can help you just tell me if you’d like me to link/share them
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by Liv2109; 6 months ago
PureHeroine
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
memriseeeee. i love memrise it honestly saved my grades. language gym is also great and duolingo is great. mastering the basics is very important (such as conjugating verbs). it helped me at the beginning of my gcses and a week before my exams - i refreshed my memory by going through the basics again.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (61)
8.28%
I used to but I don't now (18)
2.44%
No, but I want to start (276)
37.45%
No, I am unable to (177)
24.02%
No, I chose not to (205)
27.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise