cbutler100
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Ive got my a-level choice deadline soon and im not sure what to do. i know i want to do a religious studies or psychology degree. so im taking psychology and religious stuides but im not sure for a 3rd
bfm.mcdermott
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For psychology degrees, some universities recommend/require one or more science (including psychology)/maths subjects to A-Level. So you could do maths, biology, chemistry or physics. I’ve also seen a couple recommend sociology, geography, statistics, anthropology, economics, government and politics, philosophy, English lit, history.
MATHS AND SCIENCE ARE VERY WELL REGARDED AND/OR EXPECTED FOR PSYCHOLOGY.

For religious studies/theology degrees, a-levels like religious studies, philosophy and ethics, english, languages, history look good - you want to demonstrate your essay writing skills.

If you don’t study maths, I’d recommend core maths. It’s roughly equivalent to an AS level and will help with psychology.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.34%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (25)
14.12%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.64%

Watched Threads