Anyone else scared for results day? Watch

Kangaroo17
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I think that's a rhetorical question lol...
Satori Tendō
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
yes
Harry171
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
ug yeah a lot of my exams went terribly and i keep having dreams of results day and i like fail everything uggggg
3pointonefour
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm not. I feel like I took my exams ages back and I realised I can't change what I got. So I'm not scared or anxious really (though i've been dreaming about it for some reason)
TheTree0fDeath
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Anyone who isn’t bricking it is lying to themselves.

“Oh I can’t change what I got so there’s no point worrying!” - go shove your teacher’s pet ******** up your holier than thou arse.

Only excuse is if you are already certain you did **** because then you’ve already gone through the soul-crushing disappointment and results day is more of a sort of mocking add on.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
3pointonefour
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TheTree0fDeath)

“Oh I can’t change what I got so there’s no point worrying!” - go shove your teacher’s pet ******** up your holier than thou arse.

Only excuse is if you are already certain you did **** because then you’ve already gone through the soul-crushing disappointment and results day is more of a sort of mocking add on.
Or you could just be a realistic person and accept that you did as well as you could. I by no means went through much disappointment through GCSEs (except around 2/3 exams but I still think I at least passed them).

You just seem so stressed in particular that you're just forcing this stress onto others - probably a coping mechanism. But as for me, no way would I waste time stressing and worrying about something over a month away based on something I did over a month ago.
TheTroll73
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
top 10 things you should worry about ONLY on results day

It's the summer, have fun bro because exams aren't everything so if you fail, you will always find another way to reach your goal

don't worry about it it's not as big as a deal as others say it is
FloralHybrid
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

It doesn’t make you a teacher’s pet to say someone isn’t particularly worried about results day - Either they aren’t super fussed about their results, or they’ve just accepted that whatever they get is what they get.
TheTree0fDeath
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by FloralHybrid)
It doesn’t make you a teacher’s pet to say someone isn’t particularly worried about results day - Either they aren’t super fussed about their results, or they’ve just accepted that whatever they get is what they get.
Oh yeah if you got an unconditional or you’re joining the army or something of course that makes sense.
dartagnankillian
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂
TheTree0fDeath
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 3pointonefour)
Or you could just be a realistic person and accept that you did as well as you could. I by no means went through much disappointment through GCSEs (except around 2/3 exams but I still think I at least passed them).

You just seem so stressed in particular that you're just forcing this stress onto others - probably a coping mechanism. But as for me, no way would I waste time stressing and worrying about something over a month away based on something I did over a month ago.
Sometimes I wonder if anyone on TSR except me is actually a real person. Like you’re all so bloody perfect - when I hear stuff like this I start to wonder whether I’m talking to a million older clones of perfect peter.
LapisNote
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yep, but just going to keep calm and deal with results I'm given. Nothing can do now
FloralHybrid
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oh yeah if you got an unconditional or you’re joining the army or something of course that makes sense.
It does, yep.

But, it could still apply to students who have University offers of AAA. They might not be nervous because they know that logically, worrying doesn’t change the outcome. Stress isn’t logical for everyone, but ultimately if people know they tried their best in the exams, they can relax knowing that their results should reflect that.
FloralHybrid
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sometimes I wonder if anyone on TSR except me is actually a real person. Like you’re all so bloody perfect - when I hear stuff like this I start to wonder whether I’m talking to a million older clones of perfect peter.
Many people stress about it, many people don’t. It’s all subjective! But people on TSR usually try to give words of encouragement to others, so you tend to see the best side of people on here. Doesn’t mean everyone is flawless!
3pointonefour
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No I'm not perfect by any means. I'm just realistic. I've had exams where I'm not happy of how I did. There are some exams I know I didn't get higher than a 6 in. But how is worrying about it going to change anything? What's done is done. I don't want my summer to be ruined by my own feelings and stress so I won't think/worry about it. It's the summer, and you finished a months worth of exams. Just do your brain a favour and try not to do anymore worrying since it'll just eat away at you.
Tj8
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Result will be next year for me but good luck everyone! I'm sure you'll all get great results.
x
Kangaroo17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Tbh its my parents that im worried about the most...
PureHeroine
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Kangaroo17)
Tbh its my parents that im worried about the most...
honestly same they're going to be so disappointed in me and angry fml.

i'm so scared i can't seem to relax because earlier we had time but now we have a little over a month and personally i know the one subject i wanted to do well in (maths) i completely messed up. i don't know how people can not think about results when it's really stressing me out.
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

That always confuses me.

Surely the fact that you can't change it is more reason to worry?
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 3pointonefour)
No I'm not perfect by any means. I'm just realistic. I've had exams where I'm not happy of how I did. There are some exams I know I didn't get higher than a 6 in. But how is worrying about it going to change anything? What's done is done. I don't want my summer to be ruined by my own feelings and stress so I won't think/worry about it. It's the summer, and you finished a months worth of exams. Just do your brain a favour and try not to do anymore worrying since it'll just eat away at you.
If people could choose whether to worry or not, they wouldn't
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
18.82%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
10.06%
No I am happy with my course choice (397)
57.04%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (98)
14.08%

Watched Threads