The Student Room Group

What A levels would I need to get a tob job as an accountant?

I need answers.
Original post by AspiringAccount
I need answers.

Hi, I'm hoping to become to do accounting and finance in uni but I'm only in Year 12. I am going to pick Bio, Maths, Chem and Economics. You need to have Maths and an essay based A-level to show your analytic side, so like Econ which is more suitable for accounting but you can also do things like History or English. I would recommend picking one that you would do really well in. Hope this helped:smile:
I need answers.

First- maths

2nd- accounting itself

3rd either economics or english lit
Original post by DJDONNA
Hi, I'm hoping to become to do accounting and finance in uni but I'm only in Year 12. I am going to pick Bio, Maths, Chem and Economics. You need to have Maths and an essay based A-level to show your analytic side, so like Econ which is more suitable for accounting but you can also do things like History or English. I would recommend picking one that you would do really well in. Hope this helped:smile:

Thanks for letting me on this goldmine I think i'll stick to economics. Never done it but I sure as hell ain't going with history or english. I just had a thought would this go well together. Maths, accounting, psychology and economics. I am also aware that accounting may not be a choice for me so i'm gonna need an equal replacement you got any suggestions.
Original post by Volkerbund1933
First- maths

2nd- accounting itself

3rd either economics or english lit

What if accounting isn't taught at the college I end up with. Got an equal replacement for it by any chance?
What if accounting isn't taught at the college I end up with. Got an equal replacement for it by any chance?

Accounting isnt necessary- it is good for skill and knowledge. I'd suggest Business studies or economics.
Literally a subject called "Accounting".
Reply 7
any combination of subjects with mathematics in it.
Original post by WannabeEinstein
Literally a subject called "Accounting".

Accounting in itself is useless- u
It has to be linked with other relevant stuff
Thanks for letting me on this goldmine I think i'll stick to economics. Never done it but I sure as hell ain't going with history or english. I just had a thought would this go well together. Maths, accounting, psychology and economics. I am also aware that accounting may not be a choice for me so i'm gonna need an equal replacement you got any suggestions.

I think it will go well together. I might suggest any of the three sciences or languages (I'm not really sure) but I think it'll be better to study 3 subjects rather than 4. You can do an EPQ instead which is the same as an A-level.

Quick Reply

Latest