The Student Room Group

Why are corporations so greedy and uncaring?

I won't get into a massive current affairs rant, but, I just feel corporations that employ people don't give a hoot about workers rights. Even with the 'reasonable' progressive and politically correct society we live in, corporations still ethically screw workers, society and the planet.

I'm somebody who, has always done right, I went to University to avoid the rat race, to escape poverty, and try better myself so i didnt end up been a wage slave to some greedy corporation.

The opposite happened. I'm in debt, paid minimum wage, disrespected, overworked and underappreciated. All the while, well educated and answering to people with little education (whom are academically dim: but suppose - in hindsight- more intelligent).

I work in a fast food corporation where bullying and 'dangling the carrot' is th
I won't get into a massive current affairs rant, but, I just feel corporations that employ people don't give a hoot about workers rights. Even with the 'reasonable' progressive and politically correct society we live in, corporations still ethically screw workers, society and the planet.

I'm somebody who, has always done right, I went to University to avoid the rat race, to escape poverty, and try better myself so i didnt end up been a wage slave to some greedy corporation.

The opposite happened. I'm in debt, paid minimum wage, disrespected, overworked and underappreciated. All the while, well educated and answering to people with little education (whom are academically dim: but suppose - in hindsight- more intelligent).

I work in a fast food corporation where bullying and 'dangling the carrot' is the norm.

As a medically depessed person, for the last few weeks, my mental health has been on the mend. This is after years of therapy and a recent medication change. However, I feel a bit taken advantage of, as I was given duties that were more senior to my role "employee trainer" duties outside my role.

I have not been promoted and I feel like a mug. I feel like I am just the nice guy that is just the person to offload the deficit on.

I didnt ever see myself long term here. Im well educated and I hate the capitalist commercial culture here. But if im going tp be here any longer (been here 2yr) than O may aswell make most of it.

What do you think
It's because of a mental illness. That mental is 'love for money'.

Quick Reply

Latest