Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I have applied to a loan for my college HND. The course length is 2 years, and each year costs £4500.

I applied through student finance the government website, and it tells me I have to re-apply each year. So my understanding is the first year will be paid, and then I have to re-apply next year.

I also applied for maintenance loan as well, of £3224, will this mean I will get £3224 each year if I re-apply?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi,You will have to re-apply each year. As far as I’m aware, your tuition fee (the £4500) is guaranteed no matter your circumstances. When you say you have “applied” for the maintenance amount of £3224 - have you received confirmation that that is the amount you have been awarded for this academic year (18-19) or that that is the maximum available to you?In either case - when you apply next year, assuming your financial circumstances remain the same, you should receive the same maintenance loan as this year. If you have anymore questions, I’ll do my best to answer them for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kalem_Says)
    Hi,You will have to re-apply each year. As far as I’m aware, your tuition fee (the £4500) is guaranteed no matter your circumstances. When you say you have “applied” for the maintenance amount of £3224 - have you received confirmation that that is the amount you have been awarded for this academic year (18-19) or that that is the maximum available to you?In either case - when you apply next year, assuming your financial circumstances remain the same, you should receive the same maintenance loan as this year. If you have anymore questions, I’ll do my best to answer them for you.
    Hello, that is the amount that has been awarded to me for 18/19.

Thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by ltemple15)
    Hello,

I have applied to a loan for my college HND. The course length is 2 years, and each year costs £4500.

I applied through student finance the government website, and it tells me I have to re-apply each year. So my understanding is the first year will be paid, and then I have to re-apply next year.

I also applied for maintenance loan as well, of £3224, will this mean I will get £3224 each year if I re-apply?

Thanks
    Hi, you are required to apply every year to receive Student Finance.

Regards, Aisha.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.