The Student Room Group

Student Finance Payments

Hello,

I have applied to a loan for my college HND. The course length is 2 years, and each year costs £4500.

I applied through student finance the government website, and it tells me I have to re-apply each year. So my understanding is the first year will be paid, and then I have to re-apply next year.

I also applied for maintenance loan as well, of £3224, will this mean I will get £3224 each year if I re-apply?

Thanks
Hi,You will have to re-apply each year. As far as I’m aware, your tuition fee (the £4500) is guaranteed no matter your circumstances. When you say you have “applied” for the maintenance amount of £3224 - have you received confirmation that that is the amount you have been awarded for this academic year (18-19) or that that is the maximum available to you?In either case - when you apply next year, assuming your financial circumstances remain the same, you should receive the same maintenance loan as this year. If you have anymore questions, I’ll do my best to answer them for you.
Reply 2
Original post by Kalem_Says
Hi,You will have to re-apply each year. As far as I’m aware, your tuition fee (the £4500) is guaranteed no matter your circumstances. When you say you have “applied” for the maintenance amount of £3224 - have you received confirmation that that is the amount you have been awarded for this academic year (18-19) or that that is the maximum available to you?In either case - when you apply next year, assuming your financial circumstances remain the same, you should receive the same maintenance loan as this year. If you have anymore questions, I’ll do my best to answer them for you.

Hello, that is the amount that has been awarded to me for 18/19.

Thanks
Original post by ltemple15
Hello,

I have applied to a loan for my college HND. The course length is 2 years, and each year costs £4500.

I applied through student finance the government website, and it tells me I have to re-apply each year. So my understanding is the first year will be paid, and then I have to re-apply next year.

I also applied for maintenance loan as well, of £3224, will this mean I will get £3224 each year if I re-apply?

Thanks

Hi, you are required to apply every year to receive Student Finance.

Regards, Aisha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending