Best PS4 games? Watch

Vic Vinegar
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm relatively new to the gaming world and would like some recommendations for PS4. Are there any games similar to GTA and Red Dead Redemption that I should check out? Also, what's the funnest shooter game out there?

I've heard The Last of Us is great, should I invest?

What's your favourite game? Are there any games that aren't as popular as they should be? Is Fortnite the only game that people play these days?
username4094562
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Vic Vinegar)
I'm relatively new to the gaming world and would like some recommendations for PS4. Are there any games similar to GTA and Red Dead Redemption that I should check out? Also, what's the funnest shooter game out there?

What's your favourite game? Are there any games that aren't as popular as they should be? Is Fortnite the only game that people play these days?
The Last of Us is one of the most amazing games I ever played. You should definitely play it.

Other shooters worth playing:
The Uncharted Games are fun shooters.
Hitman
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
Bioshock

There are also a lot of good RPG/ fantasy games out there worth playing too.

God of War
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Horizon Zero Dawn
Vic Vinegar
Rep:
?
(Original post by Constantine2018)
The Last of Us is one of the most amazing games I ever played. You should definitely play it.

Other shooters worth playing:
The Uncharted Games are fun shooters.
Hitman
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
Bioshock

There are also a lot of good RPG/ fantasy games out there worth playing too.

God of War
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Horizon Zero Dawn
This is perfect, thank you so much! Going to check all these out and will start with buying The Last of Us - I've been debating it for a while!
username3509418
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

GTA V, best game for PS4

WRC 7 is good, Call of Duty modern warfare, and Metal Gear Solid V Definitive edition

I don't like the Wtcher 3, it has high reviews but feels too weird for me. Not my type of game

It depends what type of games you're into though
Vic Vinegar
Rep:
?
(Original post by Taurus5)
GTA V, best game for PS4

WRC 7 is good, Call of Duty modern warfare, and Metal Gear Solid V Definitive edition

I don't like the Wtcher 3, it has high reviews but feels too weird for me. Not my type of game

It depends what type of games you're into though
Yeah, I've completed GTA and I absolutely loved it - I'm worried that nothing else will be able to live up to it.
Sigurd00
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah, I've completed GTA and I absolutely loved it - I'm worried that nothing else will be able to live up to it.
Witcher 3, elder scrolls remastered and god of war are probably my favourite ever games that you can get in the PS4 right now. For shooters check out Rainbow six siege, very tactical and takes a long time to learn but it’s he best shooter I’ve played and I’ve played a lot of them :-)

If you had to get one now though just look up the reviews of god of war and you can see how insanely good the game is, I really think it’s the best of the last decade, so definitely get god of war.
Vic Vinegar
Rep:
?
(Original post by Robsmith00)
Witcher 3, elder scrolls remastered and god of war are probably my favourite ever games that you can get in the PS4 right now. For shooters check out Rainbow six siege, very tactical and takes a long time to learn but it’s he best shooter I’ve played and I’ve played a lot of them :-)

If you had to get one now though just look up the reviews of god of war and you can see how insanely good the game is, I really think it’s the best of the last decade, so definitely get god of war.
Thank you, these sound so good! Will check them out.
X_exceed
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's an RPG but you should look at Bloodborne if you're up for a challenge.
Conconz
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Fallout 4 is good. Not normally my thing but I've become obsessed since starting it.

The uncharted games are good, and last of us is one of the best games I've ever played. The latest tomb raider was good.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
All RPG's/Adventure games, the rest is garbage.
Horizon is epic, check out Nier as well, basically all exclusives are the best.
Vic Vinegar
Rep:
?
(Original post by X_exceed)
It's an RPG but you should look at Bloodborne if you're up for a challenge.
One of my friends recommended Bloodborne to me a while ago, I think I'll check it out more!

(Original post by Conconz)
Fallout 4 is good. Not normally my thing but I've become obsessed since starting it.

The uncharted games are good, and last of us is one of the best games I've ever played. The latest tomb raider was good.
Sweet, Fallout 4 definitely sounds good! Will check it out then. Worth the price tag?

I definitely need to play The Last of Us.

(Original post by random_matt)
All RPG's/Adventure games, the rest is garbage.
Horizon is epic, check out Nier as well, basically all exclusives are the best.
I've heard great things about Horizon, I'll put it at the top of my to-buy list.
Conconz
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've heard great things about Horizon, I'll put it at the top of my to-buy list.
I think I only spent about a tenner on fallout because its not new, so definitely worth it. My housemate has blood borne, and gave up because he said it was insane difficult
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
nbhdOV
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
BioShock: The Collection
Fallout 4
Gone Home
GTA V
Tacoma
Firewatch
andrey1994
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would recommend Infamous: Second Son. It isn't perfect, but I have really enjoyed playing the Infamous games. The gameplay is really good and electrocuting NPCs never gets old.
Vic Vinegar
Rep:
?
(Original post by andrey1994)
I would recommend Infamous: Second Son. It isn't perfect, but I have really enjoyed playing the Infamous games. The gameplay is really good and electrocuting NPCs never gets old.
Thank you! I'm gunna check this out, sounds really cool!
-Eirlys-
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming out this October! Keep your eyes peeled on that release - looks incredible!
I loved Watch Dogs 2. It is a playful open world game, that you will probably enjoy as I also like the RDR and GTA games.
I haven't played it but Fortnite is a big shooter game that's free to play.
Vic Vinegar
Rep:
?
(Original post by hannxm)
Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming out this October! Keep your eyes peeled on that release - looks incredible!
I loved Watch Dogs 2. It is a playful open world game, that you will probably enjoy as I also like the RDR and GTA games.
I haven't played it but Fortnite is a big shooter game that's free to play.
Yeah I'm holding out for Red Dead Redemption 2, it looks sooo good! I will check out Watch Dogs 2

I've played a bit of Fortnite it's so hard haha
-Eirlys-
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah I'm holding out for Red Dead Redemption 2, it looks sooo good! I will check out Watch Dogs 2

I've played a bit of Fortnite it's so hard haha
I haven't played Fortnite because everyone will be a pro :lol: but I've heard they're preparing an update for newbies to practice in a separate place or something?
Watch Dogs 2 is up there as one of my faves, so hopefully you like it.
Vic Vinegar
Rep:
?
(Original post by hannxm)
I haven't played Fortnite because everyone will be a pro :lol: but I've heard they're preparing an update for newbies to practice in a separate place or something?
Watch Dogs 2 is up there as one of my faves, so hopefully you like it.
Haha that's so true, it makes it so much harder. Oh that update would be so ideal.

I've looked up Watch Dogs 2, it looks so good! I think I'll play it after I finish Hitman
Professional G
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would suggest Infamous: Second Son.
It’s a different game compared to others but it’s fun and the characters are quite interesting.
Also would suggest Batman Arkham Knight.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (40)
13.56%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (45)
15.25%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (54)
18.31%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (120)
40.68%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (16)
5.42%
No particular grades needed (20)
6.78%