The Student Room Group

Struggling to write personal statement?

I’m planning on studying international development at uni but I just don’t know what to write in my personal statement. Any suggestions?
Original post by sacha.j.marques
I’m planning on studying international development at uni but I just don’t know what to write in my personal statement. Any suggestions?

You don't need work experience though it may help. You need to talk about your academic interests in the subject and how you developed them. Read around the subject using your course structure as your starting point. Have a look through our resources below.
Reply 2
Alright- why do you want to study it, for a start?
Original post by Sinnoh
Alright- why do you want to study it, for a start?

I have a huge interest in world issues and aspects of different cultures and how they are different from life in the uk.
Reply 4
I have a huge interest in world issues and aspects of different cultures and how they are different from life in the uk.

Write about that, it's a very important part of your PS. How have you shown your interest? Done any reading?
(edited 5 years ago)

Hi Sacha

We thought our blog on perfecting your personal statement may help you:
https://www.glyndwr.ac.uk/en/blog/posts/Perfectpersonalstatement/

Best of luck with it and your studies.

WGU :smile:
Reply 6
Hi Sacha

i would advise you to talk about a specific development concern in a specific region of the world. It shows your potential to analyse complex issues and your motivation.

I got an offer from ESPS UCL and international development at kings last year.

Quick Reply

Latest