£600

Screen size
13" or more

Screen resolution
1080p or less

Screen type
One that provides a good image and would be nice if it were matte

Processor
Any will do. Just as long as its fast, won't overheat, will last long etc.

Operating system preference
Windows

Software that will be used
Microsoft word, powerpoint, google chrome

Minimum amount of RAM
Enough to have many tabs in google chrome open and some other applications such as Word.

Minimum battery life
6 hours

Minimum storage requirement
64gb

Weight limit
Not too heavy

Width
Pretty thin around less than 20mm

Used for playing games?
No

Touchscreen needed?
No

Are there any specific ports you need?
Just the general ones.

What devices do you have currently?
Windows PC
Reply 1
bump
Moved to laptops , netbooks and notebooks
Reply 3
Bump
Reply 4
bumpbump
Reply 5
bump
Reply 6
Damn thank you. This was really helpful, but when would be a good time to purchase a laptop?
Reply 7
What are your thoughts on getting a macbook air?
Reply 8
I understand this but the major factor that intrigues me into buying one is that many people, that have owned them before, say that they last very long, are secure and that they haven't run into any other major technical issues with them. Can the same be said for a laptop that you've suggested? Another pull factor is the offer that apple provides for students where they throw in a free pair of beats solo 3 wireless headphones with the mac air, all for the price of around £850.
Original post by brarje
I understand this but the major factor that intrigues me into buying one is that many people, that have owned them before, say that they last very long, are secure and that they haven't run into any other major technical issues with them. Can the same be said for a laptop that you've suggested? Another pull factor is the offer that apple provides for students where they throw in a free pair of beats solo 3 wireless headphones with the mac air, all for the price of around £850.

As much as I’m a fan of MacBooks, the current Air is incredibly out of date - the external design is from 2010 and its procsssor hasn’t been updated for well over a year. It’s well overdue for either an upgrade or just to be phased out completely, if you do want a Mac look at the other options.
Reply 10
thinking about buying an old 2015 macbook pro now..

Quick Reply