The Student Room Group

It is too late to attend uni at age 24?

I’m 23 now. I’m dropping out of college this January because of my Depression Disorder. At this moment I rest at home and it kind of boring. So, I wanna ask if I go to college next year I will be turn 24. It is too old for being a freshman? I worried about the other freshmen will think I am too odd because being Depression is new in my country. And why I started to attend to college again because of it’s my dream to get a degree and get more chance to got my dream job.

Ps. Sorry for my English, it’s not my first language
Ps.2 I’m from Thailand
Nope. I started my degree last year at 25.
Reply 2
Have you has any problems with other freshmen? I know common freshmen are 18-19 yrs old. It’s many year different.
Nope, not too late. I'm starting university this year and will be 35.
Im 32 and im starting my second degree in september. You will usually find around 15-20% of students are above 30 from my experiences
Original post by Dearemmy
Have you has any problems with other freshmen? I know common freshmen are 18-19 yrs old. It’s many year different.

No issues whatsoever. I'm not even the oldest on my course. I ended up meeting someone who has become one of my best friends despite the age difference. :smile:
I’m 23 now. I’m dropping out of college this January because of my Depression Disorder. At this moment I rest at home and it kind of boring. So, I wanna ask if I go to college next year I will be turn 24. It is too old for being a freshman? I worried about the other freshmen will think I am too odd because being Depression is new in my country. And why I started to attend to college again because of it’s my dream to get a degree and get more chance to got my dream job.

Ps.2 I’m from Thailand

No, you're not too old! I'm 24, was 23 when I started in uni too

Noone's told me I'm too old so I assume you'll be fine

Ps.2 I’m from Thailand

You will do just fine. I have just finished my degree and I’m 70. Lots in my class in their 20s, and 30’s. Don’t worry. And you will be able to access support at university for your depression.
Reply 8
In a word, no.
07F7EA9D-DC80-4937-B72F-6E95CF4B5002.png
Original post by Dardarus86
Im 32 and im starting my second degree in september. You will usually find around 15-20% of students are above 30 from my experiences

Original post by Spacerboon
Nope, not too late. I'm starting university this year and will be 35.

What subjects are you studying?
(edited 5 years ago)
I did my first in Web Design, now im doing a computer games programming course
Original post by Little Popcorns
What subjects are you studying?

Video and sound production.
Video and sound production.

That’s good. Is it going to be useful to work you’ve already done or are you going to use it for a new line of work?
Original post by Little Popcorns
That’s good. Is it going to be useful to work you’ve already done or are you going to use it for a new line of work?

Little bit of both. I'm an actor and voice artist and have used recording equipment to a basic level. I'm getting more interested in the technical side so hopefully will lean new skills that will help me find work in future.
Little bit of both. I'm an actor and voice artist and have used recording equipment to a basic level. I'm getting more interested in the technical side so hopefully will lean new skills that will help me find work in future.

Sounds good :smile:

Quick Reply