The Student Room Group

Post your dream summer holiday and WIN a signed copy of 'The Summer of Us'!

* This competition is now closed - thank you to everyone for entering! *

The winners of the books are...

Spoiler

"Five friends. Ten days. The most beautiful cities Europe has to offer. And a love story or two…"

Young adult author Cecilia Vinesse has signed two copies of her new novel 'The Summer of Us' for two lucky TSR members to win!

From the author of 'Seven Days of You' comes the ultimate summer read - sun-drenched travelling, love stories and the rendering of a changing friendship as the characters prepare to head off to separate unis after a summer of fun.

If you're interested in winning a copy signed by the author herself, post your dream summer holiday below, and two winners will be picked at random on Monday 23rd July :smile:

What's your dream summer holiday? Where would you travel to if you could? Post your comments below!

Terms and Conditions:

Spoiler

Don't want to enter, but a dream would be a holiday to an island populated only by guinea pigs
My dream holiday would definitely be to visit Barcelona again and this time explore the Gothic Quarter and its quirky independent stores. I love how there's so much history in the architecture and food and there's also a really nice falafel buffet place (okay maybe not so Spanish..) that we went to last time I didn't get to fully appreciate because of the heat. Oh and did I mention the amount clothing outlets? I'm a sucker for bargains:colondollar:
My dream holiday would be to experience my dream holiday. As simple as that.

PS: I don't want to enter for the winning the book thing
I'd tour the Balkan Peninsula. It's been my dream for years. There's so much history to the area, fascinating architecture, inspiring folklore, the Slavic languages and names are so pretty (I've a long-term love of Serbian especially - love the music and tried to learn the language at one point!), and there are so many countries within that region I want to explore. I may have the opportunity to spend a couple months in Slovenia in 2019 and I've my fingers crossed I can go. :biggrin:

I also recently heard about the Rhine River cruises and that's now high on my to-do list too. Especially as it runs through my favourite country to spend time in: Germany! :h:
Reply 5
my dream holiday would be going back to St Lucia where my uncle got married but actually being to experience it all again with my boyfriend! oh and see the dolphins again!:h:
I've never been abroad, but I think my dream holiday would be travelling around mainland Europe and checking out Italy, France, Germany, Poland, Amsterdam, and Spain. I could chill on nice beaches, try out all different cuisines, fly for the first time, meet loads of new people, learn about the history of each place, and do loads of shopping :love:
lol at the people not wanting to win A COMPETITION.
Anyone interested in forex then:
Message me on this email. '[email protected]'
My dream would be to explore Egypt, look at the pyramids and the mummy’s. Then on the Italy and Pompei, then follow that up with a trip to Greece and Olympia.
Original post by WutJob..
lol at the people not wanting to win A COMPETITION.

I wouldn't even read the book so let a fan win it instead
Mine dream summer holiday would be spending the summer travelling around Japan! It's at the top of my travel bucket list and I've wanted to go for years :smile:
My dream holiday would be to go to Barcelona in Spain. I am currently learning spanish and love every aspect of their culture and language. It would be nice to immerse myself properly.
I have always wanted to travel, it's been a dream of mine to one day have stepped foot into most countries in the world.
If I had an entire summer to do what I wanted to, with no limits like cost or family problems, I would start my journey.

I hate being a tourist, I always want to step into the heart of the city, become a local, experience the culture and beauty of a village through the eyes of a local.

I would first go where my own origins lie, Nepal.

I came to England quite young so I want to know the place that I came from, visit the old villages, live and sleep in the floors and walk along the rickety bridges, help my grandmother tend to the crops and milk the cows and goats. Cook on the clay fire stove and grind wheat by hand. Wear the loongi that everyone else wears and partake in the weekend celebrations of music with hand-made instruments and home-made alcoholic drinks.
This would be something for myself, a stepping stone out into the wider world, I wouldn't go with friends, just me.

Then, I want to go somewhere sunny, warm and just peaceful, with both city locations and remote villages.
I would like to go to Australia, I want to try surfing the waves, have the beachy waves and live along the beach for a week or so. Get a tan and enjoy the thrum of a busy sealife.
Then maybe I can go along the ruins of beaches and see baby kangaroos. I've seen exquisite pictures of Eyre Peninsula and Norfolk Island.

Then Korea, I think. Bac into the busy city life and home of Samsung. Go to k-pop concerts and see my idols and be the crazy fan. Go to internet cafes and watch k-dramas, maybe! Perfect a skincare regime, visit the older castles (ish) left behind or lived in. Live the life of someone from older times, wear a hanbok, do my hair up and feel pretty. This really is to do with my inner korean fanatic. A crazy wave of fun and partying for this week I think. I'd love to go with my friends here.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by discobish
"Five friends. Ten days. The most beautiful cities Europe has to offer. And a love story or two…"

Young adult author Cecilia Vinesse has signed two copies of her new novel 'The Summer of Us' for two lucky TSR members to win!

From the author of 'Seven Days of You' comes the ultimate summer read - sun-drenched travelling, love stories and the rendering of a changing friendship as the characters prepare to head off to separate unis after a summer of fun.

If you're interested in winning a copy signed by the author herself, post your dream summer holiday below, and two winners will be picked at random on Monday 23rd July :smile:

What's your dream summer holiday? Where would you travel to if you could? Post your comments below!

Terms and Conditions:

Spoiler

I would start in classic London, I would explore the city in three days and eat at local restaurants and on the last day treat myself to Fortnum and Mason. I would then take a flight to Germany and rent a Bugatti to speed on Germany's Autobahns or highways as there are no speed limits as reckless as it sounds, I would then spend 2 nights in the Black Forest at a local inn. Then I would fly to Pakistan and travel the whole country within two weeks, during this time I will visit the Shalimar gardens and local places where foreign tourists don't regularly go, for me Pakistan has a special meaning because I've wanted to go there with someone and it never happened so maybe exploring the country myself might bring closure. I would end my trip in Yemen, I have seen photos videos and have also read the news of the conditions there due to war and I want to volunteer as an aid worker because in my family we believe the more you have the more you give back.
My dream summer holiday would be a trip to China; I’ve found the culture so interesting doing it at gcse and :gah: I’d love to see/hike part of the Great Wall of china before visiting some more rural areas and perhaps teaching English because I’d love to see the culture difference and what ordinary life in the less touristy places is like! If I had time during this holiday then I’d also visit India on the way home as I’ve never been and so much of my family live there whom I’ve never met! I’d love to see mango trees, visit markets and eat curry for breakfast:love:

Quick Reply

Latest