The Student Room Group

Guy I met online is now ignoring me..

Hey,

So I met a guy from a dating app called Bumble. We’ve been on 4 dates and have met up weekly for them. He’s not been the best at replying quickly to texts from the start but always did reply either a few hours or the next day. In our last date, he was keen to meet up again etc, and I messaged him when I got home to let him im back and to say thank you. He’s not opened or read the message but he’s posted a picture on Instagram.. I think it’s a bit rude of him to do that and it’s got me questioning whether or not he’s into me.
Original post by Anonymous
Hey,

So I met a guy from a dating app called Bumble. We’ve been on 4 dates and have met up weekly for them. He’s not been the best at replying quickly to texts from the start but always did reply either a few hours or the next day. In our last date, he was keen to meet up again etc, and I messaged him when I got home to let him im back and to say thank you. He’s not opened or read the message but he’s posted a picture on Instagram.. I think it’s a bit rude of him to do that and it’s got me questioning whether or not he’s into me.

basically bumble is for feminists
Reply 2
So he’s doing this on purpose?
That's totally the sort of thing I'd do tbh. It's why I don't give out my social media info beyond Facebook. I hate being pressured to respond to messages when I might not feel like chatting with someone one-on-one via text (which is most of the time as it's not my preferred method to communicate).

Given that I do it regardless of how much I like someone, I'd say don't worry about it if it's only been a day!
Reply 4
but surely its not a good move though because it makes the girl have more negative thoughts of you rather than positive and may like lower how much she likes you or question how much effort she wants to put in?
Reply 5
Original post by sinfonietta
That's totally the sort of thing I'd do tbh. It's why I don't give out my social media info beyond Facebook. I hate being pressured to respond to messages when I might not feel like chatting with someone one-on-one via text (which is most of the time as it's not my preferred method to communicate).

Given that I do it regardless of how much I like someone, I'd say don't worry about it if it's only been a day!

I get that! It’s been since Sunday night he’s not read the message but clearly been online on WhatsApp. Then posted a pic on Instagram yesterday. All I wanted was a “glad you got home ok, I had fun too” reply lol.

It’s making me think I should keep my options open and date other guys too..
I get that! It’s been since Sunday night he’s not read the message but clearly been online on WhatsApp. Then posted a pic on Instagram yesterday. All I wanted was a “glad you got home ok, I had fun too” reply lol.

It’s making me think I should keep my options open and date other guys too..

im a guy and if i like a girl i will a girl reply non stop. just a way of showing that im into her. so yh he may not like u in that way
Reply 7
Ok so should I just get on with my life and not let it bother me? I don’t want to play games and take ages to reply to him if he messages me. I just think it’s a bit rude as he has blatantly ignored me ha!
Reply 8
He said on our date that he’s gonna get back into his routine of going to the gym everyday after work or in the morning and the boxing classes he does. And said “that’s why sometimes I don’t reply till like 9/10 at night because that’s the time I actually get home” so maybe that was him letting me know he’s a busy guy lol
Reply 9
yh but if your making it bait that your ignoring them via posting on insta and not replying then your clearly on your phone and just appearing rude and dis-interested loll but yh i got you.
do you mean on* not about phones lol and i think it nice when u have like text convos and like their giving you attention but hey that's just me.
Reply 10
so do you not text your friends and act the same way? i see it as filler like still talking to them between meetups otherwise we would be meeting up too much (more than like twice a week normally) and i dont really like that, or if not being too distant.
He's probably a Chad in this god forsaken society
Original post by sinfonietta

Ditto all of the above.
B**** I TOLD yo ass I don't wanna talk to you no mo :colonhash:
He messaged me back and has arranged to meet up again this weekend. When he does actually reply, it’s a good response like he’s thought about his text. But then the other day he hadn’t message me back and then liked one of my pictures on Instagram... it does come across very rude!
He messaged me back and has arranged to meet up again this weekend. When he does actually reply, it’s a good response like he’s thought about his text. But then the other day he hadn’t message me back and then liked one of my pictures on Instagram... it does come across very rude!

You should be careful. He does not sound like the kind of guy who you want to be meeting. I would advise you to decline and move on.
Reply 16

Original post by ProRoadman
You should be careful. He does not sound like the kind of guy who you want to be meeting. I would advise you to decline and move on.

talking with girls over social media/text can be chore like at times.

I don't find it fun messaging people like 20 times a day ...as well as having to come up with interesting conversation ...as lets face it, most women are kinda lazy and leave it upto the man to lead.

I'd legit rather do the dishes than have this daily chore hanging over my head indefinitely...

by taking his time and not replying to your message he is cutting down on his "chores" as he knows he won't receive another "chore" until he's addressed the previous one.

It might seem rude on the surface, ...but some people really don't like spending much time texting...........
(edited 5 years ago)
Same story , we talked to each other and all . He said he will be always there for me , which is obviously not true. And suddenly started ignoring me after the call we made to eachother. I was played by someone again , thinking he is different and all. He is posting all his stories and all and posting pictures. My honest question is if don't want to interact tell them directly or unfollow them. It will pain but not for so long.but tagging along PPL will hurt even more.

Latest