track says 'Congratulations! Your place ... has been confirmed.' ???

Watch
foursides
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i got an email saying to check my track this morning so i have and it says
  • Congratulations! Your place at [uni] for [course name] has been confirmed.

and that i should receive details from the uni on what to do next, but what exactly does this mean? it was a conditional offer so i needed to meet some requirements, but its only july 17th and my results day isn't for another month or so and im confused. is this just a late notification saying that ive accepted the offer? im not sure how they would even know if i'd met my requirements yet.
(this may seem like a stupid thing to be asking, but i want to be sure, and not get ahead of myself)

EDIT: nevermind! apparently my offer changed to an unconditional so???? yay!!
muffinmachine
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Isn't that what they send you when you've met your conditions? That's a bit strange for an A-Level student... You didn't do IB right?

Unis get your results a few days before results day, so it's probably just a mistake
JeSuisBaguette
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sometimes uni's will change your offer to unconditional, which is what happened to me, especially if there aren't tons of people applying to your course. If it says your place is confirmed I think you've now got an unconditional!
foursides
Rep:
?
(Original post by muffinmachine)
Isn't that what they send you when you've met your conditions? That's a bit strange for an A-Level student... You didn't do IB right?

Unis get your results a few days before results day, so it's probably just a mistake
ive just finished doing a foundation btec, so i completed my a-levels last year. the offer was based on my getting a certain amount of ucas points once i finished the foundation course
lmao thats what i was thinking, isn't it way too early??
foursides
Rep:
?
(Original post by JeSuisBaguette)
Sometimes uni's will change your offer to unconditional, which is what happened to me, especially if there aren't tons of people applying to your course. If it says your place is confirmed I think you've now got an unconditional!
holy **** yeah, i just looked down to the choices section and its changed to (Unconditional offer (firmly accepted)) lmao wtf?? i mean i guess thats a good thing!! yay!!
JeSuisBaguette
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by foursides)
ive just finished doing a foundation btec, so i completed my a-levels last year. the offer was based on my getting a certain amount of ucas points once i finished the foundation course
lmao thats what i was thinking, isn't it way too early??
You could always send an email to the university to check?
muffinmachine
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Your conditional offer will automatically change to an unconditional when you meet your conditions, so if UCAS thinks you've met your conditions you would see that anyway. That doesn't mean you have got an unconditional, although I hope you have
foursides
Rep:
?
(Original post by JeSuisBaguette)
You could always send an email to the university to check?
turns out my offer was changed to an unconditional!! yay!! DD thank you~
The Weeknd
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Everyone about to check track now I guess just in case 😂
lolu123
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

and that i should receive details from the uni on what to do next, but what exactly does this mean? it was a conditional offer so i needed to meet some requirements, but its only july 17th and my results day isn't for another month or so and im confused. is this just a late notification saying that ive accepted the offer? im not sure how they would even know if i'd met my requirements yet.
(this may seem like a stupid thing to be asking, but i want to be sure, and not get ahead of myself)

yayyyyyyy well done are u taking it
foursides
Rep:
?
(Original post by lolu123)
yayyyyyyy well done are u taking it
yeah, i actually accepted the offer when it was a conditional, and now its been changed to an unconditional, i guess im going!!
(although i have contacted them to confirm that it's not a mistake or something, just in case lmao)
SilverWater
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by The Weeknd)
Everyone about to check track now I guess just in case 😂
I actually did :lol:
1Blobfish
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah this can happen.
So you are in!
lolu123
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
yeah, i actually accepted the offer when it was a conditional, and now its been changed to an unconditional, i guess im going!!
(although i have contacted them to confirm that it's not a mistake or something, just in case lmao)
the stress is gone now! no need to be as stressed for results day now
nisha.sri
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Which course and uni is this for ? Also you are soo soo lucky !!!
Kocytean
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I wish. Congratulations!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

If a university makes your place unconditional before the 19 July then you aren't eligible to use adjustment if you do well in your exams.

Courses that are desperate for students are those that will use this tactic to maximise student numbers regardless of how they do in their exams. You could well end up being taught alongside people with qualifications/grades WELL below the normal entry requirements.
Anagogic
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PQ)
If a university makes your place unconditional before the 19 July then you aren't eligible to use adjustment if you do well in your exams.

Courses that are desperate for students are those that will use this tactic to maximise student numbers regardless of how they do in their exams. You could well end up being taught alongside people with qualifications/grades WELL below the normal entry requirements.
If that's the case and you do better than expected simply withdraw your application and reapply next year.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anagogic)
If that's the case and you do better than expected simply withdraw your application and reapply next year.
It's possible for OP (or anyone else in that situation) to ask the university concerned to place them into clearing to look for a place elsewhere - it's just a lot more hassle for the applicant than using adjustment (and the university concerned can drag their heels for a few days while clearing places are filled).

I would be wary of any university that behaves like this - they place their own financial wellbeing above the benefit for individual students and the standards required for their courses.
Anagogic
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PQ)
It's possible for OP (or anyone else in that situation) to ask the university concerned to place them into clearing to look for a place elsewhere - it's just a lot more hassle for the applicant than using adjustment (and the university concerned can drag their heels for a few days while clearing places are filled).

I would be wary of any university that behaves like this - they place their own financial wellbeing above the benefit for individual students and the standards required for their courses.
It's poor that a university would resort to such tactics. It's an issue how easily they can prey on the young and vulnerable.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (133)
46.5%
Take exams next summer (44)
15.38%
Change uni choice through clearing (69)
24.13%
Apply to uni next year instead (26)
9.09%
I'm not applying to university (14)
4.9%

Watched Threads