The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Visit website

Open university results

Hi,
Has anyone studied with OU previously and had results pending?
I was expexting my results for 2 modules, 1 shows the results however the other shows as pending and will be available within 6 weeks.
Has anyone had this before and what could it mean?
Reply 1
Hi, it's nothing to worry about as there's quite a few reasons for it. Usually people who have sat exams get pending results but anyone can due to delays, gathering evidence to reach a decision about the result etc. If you ring up student support they should be able to tell you in more detail :smile:
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Fwd
Hi, it's nothing to worry about as there's quite a few reasons for it. Usually people who have sat exams get pending results but anyone can due to delays, gathering evidence to reach a decision about the result etc. If you ring up student support they should be able to tell you in more detail :smile:

Thanks for your reply, I did ring student support but they said they cant give any information about it. I am off on holiday for 5 weeks so I was hoping to get my results before I fly out
Reply 3
Usually its because you have a borderline result and they need to review your course work as well as your EMA/Exam Script before making a final decision. This then has to be approved by the external examiner to ensure that the decision is fair as part of the QA process. Thats why it can take up to 6 weeks.

Quick Reply

Latest