Birmingham City University (BCU) applicants chat thread 2019 Watch

Aneesawas18
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi has anyone that's applied for midwifery at BCU got an email about a presentation to present on interview day? I have my interview tomorrow but haven't received a topic to present does that mean I haven't got to do one?
Besseu13
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hiya,

I applied to study English Language (with Foundation year) and got an unconditional offer, which I am genuinely over the moon about because I have been trying to get into uni for a while now.

I was just wondering if anyone has any insight into whether there is a Korean language/culture presence in Birmingham as a city as well as BCU? I've been studying Korean for 3 years and was hoping to continue that whilst there so it would be really helpful to me if there were places and people to do that with.

Thanks
Gracie99999
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi,
I have already applied to BCU for Graphic Design BA course. I have uploaded my digital portfolio a week ago. I am wondering if anyone knows roughly how long does it take to get a reply from the university? Thanks!
Besseu13
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Gracie99999)
Hi,
I have already applied to BCU for Graphic Design BA course. I have uploaded my digital portfolio a week ago. I am wondering if anyone knows roughly how long does it take to get a reply from the university? Thanks!
Hiya, so, I applied to BCU last month and they were really fast in getting back to me and offering me a place, they only took about 2 weeks. Hope this was helpful. Good luck with your application
Gabjaden
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I have applied to do Health Studies, I’m still waiting for a response. 😊🤞
SamPar
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I sent my application on the 11th of December for Policing, and I've still not heard anything back from BCU, despite hearing back from every other university I applied to, is this normal or have I been forgotten?
Birmingham City University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by SamPar)
I sent my application on the 11th of December for Policing, and I've still not heard anything back from BCU, despite hearing back from every other university I applied to, is this normal or have I been forgotten?
Hi SamPar,

Sorry you haven't heard back from us yet but I wouldn't worry, it's totally normal. As you can imagine it's very busy time of year with the January UCAS application deadline coming up, but our admissions team are working through all of your applications.

Hope you hear back soon!

Good luck,
Lydia
Amyan
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I sent off my application just before Christmas and I'm hoping to get an offer for Filmmaking. I went to an open day too and loved it.
Last edited by Amyan; 9 months ago
lb020499
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Has anyone else applied to study BS Computing? I got an offer under condition.
Kampa
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I have applied for marketing (advertisement and PR) and marketing (digital) around month ago but still havent seen an offer. I know that Uni’s have time until may to respond but i heard quite a few people already got their offer and applied later than me which got me a little nervous 😩
ellenblenkinsop
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi! Anyone else studying Business at BCU?
ellenblenkinsop
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi! Anyone else studying Business?
Deku7
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I've gotten a conditional offer from BCU for Film Production Tech and Visual Effects. Was wondering will I be invited for an applicants day?
adamwan
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I got a conditional offer for criminology and security studies, but if i select BCU as my first choice, it will turn into an unconditional!
DSinclaire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I just got a conditional offer in criminology, policing and investigation that if I firm will turn unconditional, as well as a scholarship! Very excited about this as Birmingham City was a favourite choice for me just wondering if anyone has applied for similar ??
adamwan
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by DSinclaire)
I just got a conditional offer in criminology, policing and investigation that if I firm will turn unconditional, as well as a scholarship! Very excited about this as Birmingham City was a favourite choice for me just wondering if anyone has applied for similar ??
hey im in a similar situation! although my course would be criminology and security studies
DSinclaire
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by adamwan)
hey im in a similar situation! although my course would be criminology and security studies
Oh wow I didn’t even notice your post right above mine lmao. That’s really exciting! Are you thinking of taking the offer then? Or don’t you know yet
adamwan
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by DSinclaire)
Oh wow I didn’t even notice your post right above mine lmao. That’s really exciting! Are you thinking of taking the offer then? Or don’t you know yet
I'm not too sure yet, i haven't been to their open day yet. The course is very good and students have rated it at 100%. Wbu?
DSinclaire
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by adamwan)
I'm not too sure yet, i haven't been to their open day yet. The course is very good and students have rated it at 100%. Wbu?
I’m going to wait till I’ve been to an open day and heard from my last option to decide but I’m definitely thinking about it ngl
Amberlug
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Wow congratulations, I applied on 15th Jan 2019 as that was the deadline but I haven't received any decision yet =( I applied for criminology too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 24 Nov '19

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (138)
54.33%
18-20 years old (no) (31)
12.2%
20-25 years old (yes) (39)
15.35%