Birmingham City University (BCU) applicants chat thread 2019 Watch

Asiandoll
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Birmingham City University)
Hi Asiandoll,

Congratualtions on your offer! We're really pleased you're considering us and glad you like our accommodation If you have any questions in particular or want to know what you can expect if you study with us, just let us know! I used to be a student here so am happy to answer any questions.

I'll be back online next week - have a great weekend!
Lydia
Hi Lydia,

how was your experience with Birmingham overall and what student accommodation did you go for ?
Kaattherinee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi,I am thinking about applying for Business Management in Birmingham City University (i'm an undergraduate) but I have a question regarding teaching, accommodation and accessibility. Are the staff helpful and good at explaining? Is the accommodation value for money? Is the university campus aesthetically pleasing? And lastly, what is the student teacher ratio?Sorry for the load of questions...thanks in advance!!
lackaholo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I just got my offer for Video Games Digital Art through today and I am really excited!

I'm a mature student (27) coming back to education so I'm a little nervous but it feels great to be taking a positive step.
Kampa
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I have just accepted and firmed my choice of digital marketing course at BCU! Is there anyone here that I will see after summer ?
Birmingham City University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by lackaholo)
I just got my offer for Video Games Digital Art through today and I am really excited!

I'm a mature student (27) coming back to education so I'm a little nervous but it feels great to be taking a positive step.
:thumbsup:
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kampa)
I have just accepted and firmed my choice of digital marketing course at BCU! Is there anyone here that I will see after summer ?
:rave:
yemenia16
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Who has applied to radiotherapy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Asiandoll)
Hi Lydia,

how was your experience with Birmingham overall and what student accommodation did you go for ?
I love Birmingham! I moved nearly 3 hours away from home to come to Birmingham and have never left since! I've lived here for 7 years now and am still discovering new things to do and new places to go, there's so much going on and new things opening all the time. Personally I love that the independent scene is really growing here, so as well as an endless amounts of chain restaurants and clubs, there's also loads of quirky bars and cool places to eat, hang out and shop.

The accommodation has changed a lot since I was student, there's loads of choice. What course would you be studying? If you select your subject area on this page it shows you which halls are nearest to where you'll be based for your course, but they're all pretty convenient! Is there anything you're looking for in particular in accommodation?

Lydia
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kaattherinee)
Hi,I am thinking about applying for Business Management in Birmingham City University (i'm an undergraduate) but I have a question regarding teaching, accommodation and accessibility. Are the staff helpful and good at explaining? Is the accommodation value for money? Is the university campus aesthetically pleasing? And lastly, what is the student teacher ratio?Sorry for the load of questions...thanks in advance!!
Hi Kaattherinee,

Don't apologise for the questions, that's why we're here! In my experience I found staff really helpful, tutors were always on hand and I benefited from their industry experience. For the Business Management course the tutors have had managerial roles in top companies like Tesco and Selfridges so will have lots of experience to share. I'm afraid I don't know the student to teacher ratio though, it depends on the student intake for that course that year, so differs year to year.

The accommodation available is between approximately £130 - £155 per week and usually include an ensuite room with shared kitchen. Some halls differ in the size of bed, and extra facilties such as free gym or parking, so you can see all the details on the website here and decide which is best for you. It will also show you which is closest to where you'll be studying.

Have you been to see our campus in person? You should definitly come to an Open Day to see yourself, our next one is on Saturday 23 March. You'll be able to look around our campus and the Curzon building which is where you'd be based for Business, plus you'd get to meet the tutors on the course.
The Curzon building has lots going on, it has cafe's, the hive (a big open study area), the library, the Students Union and the Eagle & Ball which is our Student Union pub. It's worth seeing for yourself!

Lydia
ywajhee1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
hiya everyone! my name is Yousaf and I've recieved an unconditional from bcu. first of all I would like to say a massive congratulations to everyone who has recieved offers so far and best of luck to those still waiting 🤞🏼i wanted to ask has anyone else applied to architecture?
Bettyboo715
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi
Im waiting for a response off BCU. I applied for the ODP course - anyone else had their response yet? i was interviewed last week?
Thanks
BB
mw02xxx
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
me too, unconditional on the same course! so excited :-)
ywajhee1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
hey is anyone going to the offer holder day on 9th March for architecture?
msj138
Report 8 months ago
Congratulations to everyone on their offers and fingers crossed for everyone waiting! Has anyone applied for medical ultrasound?!
Ps2001
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hey I’ve applied to interior architecture and design foundation course in BCU but I haven’t heard from them for a month now? I don’t have to hand in a portfolio or attend an interview so I’m really confused on why it’s taking them so long to make an offer?!
ywajhee1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Ps2001)
Hey I’ve applied to interior architecture and design foundation course in BCU but I haven’t heard from them for a month now? I don’t have to hand in a portfolio or attend an interview so I’m really confused on why it’s taking them so long to make an offer?!
hiya don't worry usually it's due to the large volume of applicants they receive so it takes a lot of time sifting through applications I'm sure you'll hear back from them soon also when did u send off your application?
Ps2001
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I send it off on the 14th of January in the morning. I had an email 3 days later that they received my personal statement but haven’t heard of them since!
ywajhee1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I send it off on the 14th of January in the morning. I had an email 3 days later that they received my personal statement but haven’t heard of them since!
yeah I've noticed that the closer you apply to the deadline the longer they take to process your application as they have plenty of applications recieved by that time but I'm confident it's nothing to worry about you'll definitely hear back from them soon!
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi Ps2001,

As you can imagine we receive lot's of applications around the January 15th UCAS deadline so our admissions team have a lot to work through. They'll be working through them in the order they were received, so I wouldn't worry, hopefully you'll hear soon! Good luck!
BlueWeasel
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
im new to studentroom, just wanted to ask:

anyone else applied to Graphic Communication BA? I had an interview on the 9th and having heard from the tutor it apparently went really well but i wanted to know what kind of waiting time i can expect a reply by so i dont start panicking lmao c: Providing i have enough money for accommodation it'll be my first choice so i'm really nervous to hear back!
Last edited by BlueWeasel; 8 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 24 Nov '19

what's your favourite season?

Summer (63)
32.14%
Spring (36)
18.37%
Autumn/Fall (49)
25%