Turn on thread page Beta

How do Caucasian youngsters go on holiday without their family? watch

I just don't get how you can leave your family behind whilst you have all the fun.

ReputationRep:
    right bncause only caucasian youngsters go on holiday... alone
    Next time you go clubbing to pull, take your mum with you, you know just for supervision

(Original post by justanotherchica)
    Next you go clubbing to pull, take your mum with you, you know just for supervision
    it's true tho.

Have you not seen the STI stats at your local clinic #research before spurting false information.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I don't get why people have to ask this kind of question as anonymous?

You know, people have independence and it's easier to be spontaneous without the rules and schedules imposed by responsibility.

Call it selfish if you please - people are allowed to let off steam. Life is stressful enough to allow indulgence in occasional guilty pleasure to preserve sanity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    it's true tho.

Have you not seen the STI stats at your local clinic #research before spurting false information.
    what false info
    i didnt spout any facts, just an opinion that im sure most youngsters share
    and whats true?

there's a difference between family holidays and going alone. If I went on holiday with my family, i would be wasting a **** tonne of money because i wouldnt enjoy because my parents force me to a lot of things that make my life miserable. If I go alone then I can do my own thing. Also if you're old enough to go on holiday alone, im sure you're responsible enough to remember to use a condom and other precautions.

I think the question that you should ask is why caucasian parents are more lenient in letting their children travel? Im sure if some of us indians were allowed to travel, we'd be halfway around the world in seconds

ReputationRep:
    what false info
    i didnt spout any facts, just an opinion that im sure most youngsters share
    and whats true?

there's a difference between family holidays and going alone. If I went on holiday with my family, i would be wasting a **** tonne of money because i wouldnt enjoy because my parents force me to a lot of things that make my life miserable. If I go alone then I can do my own thing. Also if you're old enough to go on holiday alone, im sure you're responsible enough to remember to use a condom and other precautions.

I think the question that you should ask is why caucasian parents are more lenient in letting their children travel? Im sure if some of us indians were allowed to travel, we'd be halfway around the world in seconds
    Would you rather be stuck at home with your parents all day doing nothing or live your life how you like?

''why caucasian parents are more lenient in letting their children travel?''

More like why do Caucasian parents treat their children like their mates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProRoadman)
    Would you rather be stuck at home with your parents all day doing nothing or live your life how you like?
    well thats what my post is saying: live your life life how you like

ReputationRep:
    ''why caucasian parents are more lenient in letting their children travel?''

More like why do Caucasian parents treat their children like their mates
    Isn’t that the ideal relationship l? You know parents being mates to their children, having fun, advising them on choices and helping them grow as a person. Better having a close friend than a controlling parent.

ReputationRep:
    Next you go clubbing to pull, take your mum with you, you know just for supervision
    You mean you don't take your relatives with you?

I take my 101 year old Nan clubbing. She loves those throbbing bass tunes although her arthritis limits her moves on the dance floor.

ReputationRep:
    Because it's stupid and pathetic to be in bondage to your family for the rest of your life and need their presence/permission to have a good time/life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sulfolobus)
    You mean you don't take your relatives with you?

I take my 101 year old Nan clubbing. She loves those throbbing bass tunes although her arthritis limits her moves on the dance floor.
    lol it depends on the family i guess

my parents are muslim so no way in hell would that happen? interestingly, my cousins in India take their mum clubbing. Compared to us they are not religious at all.

lol it depends on the family i guess

my parents are muslim so no way in hell would that happen? interestingly, my cousins in India take their mum clubbing. Compared to us they are not religious at all.
    um so are you caucasian?

ReputationRep:
    um so are you caucasian?
    nope

ReputationRep:
    Most of the ones going off on these holidays are 18 or over ... why would they take their families with them? Family holidays are geared around younger children and therefore most people don’t go on them once they become adults until they have children of their own and then have the responsibility of taking them on holidays.

The 18-30 holiday market is huge because that’s when people are free to do whatever they like

But don't you want your parents to have a good time, enjoy life with you and see places they've never been to before?
    I don't know I think it's a bit selfish to leave them behind whilst you're having all the fun!

ReputationRep:
    But don't you want your parents to have a good time, enjoy life with you and see places they've never been to before?
    I don't know I think it's a bit selfish to leave them behind whilst you're having all the fun!
    Why do you assume you like the same things?

Why do you want to be joined at the hip the whole time?

People go alone because they want to explore for themselves.
    I like skiing. My parents do not. Am I supposed to never go again, or do I force them to spend thousands of pounds on a holiday they don't want?

Your question is ****ing stupid.

your mentality and selfishness is horrific. OFCOURSE you can go your separate ways once you've arrived at your destination. I'm not saying you have to do the same activities either DUH .

They've raised you up, provided food for you and been there to solve your problems, and you can't even be bothered to take them on holiday with you. Caucasians are too funny I swear.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you on anonymous? It's because you know how much of a ****ing idiotic question it is lmao. Some people like to be independent instead of having their parents follow them wherever they go.

selfishness. You obvs don't respect your parents enough.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.