Turn on thread page Beta

I find my relationship boring watch

I’ve been with my boyfriend for about a year and a half now and I love him loads but our conversation is so boring. We literally have noting to talk about and it just gets awkward , over text its just one word answers. I’ve made an effort to make conversation and talk about soemthing I find interesting but he never seems interested and continues to give one word answers so now I don’t bother.
    I’ve spoke to him about it but he said he’s not bothered to fix it.
    Idk what to do cos I never experience this with anyone else like witj other people eg my friends the conversation flows but it’s not like that anymore for my and my boyfriend.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Some people are just bad at texting. How is he in real life?

Maybe you should do new things together such as swimming or rock climbing, it might give you more stuff to talk about.

ReputationRep:
    If hes not bothering to fix this, especially after youve raised your concerns about it with him, leave him. You need to be with someone who has the effort to talk to you, not someone who cant be bothered, because it is unfair on you if youre putting all the effort in and he just throws it back in your face. It shouldnt be awkward at all, and if I were you, I would sit down and talk to him about your relationship and ask him if anythings on his mind, causing him to act as if he cant be bothered with talking
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I’ve been with my boyfriend for about a year and a half now and I love him loads but our conversation is so boring. We literally have noting to talk about and it just gets awkward , over text its just one word answers. I’ve made an effort to make conversation and talk about soemthing I find interesting but he never seems interested and continues to give one word answers so now I don’t bother.
    Idk what to do cos I never experience this with anyone else like witj other people eg my friends the conversation flows but it’s not like that anymore for my and my boyfriend.
    Sounds like its run its course.

Do you talk to him about the state of your relationship? Are either of you interested on improving?

If its not working and youd be better off single then have the chat and call if a day.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not in a relationship just to talk talk talk. I'm in one to share experiences.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously if everything is okay in person, it might just be his 'texting personality'. But if its consistent through real life, end it. Its unhealthy and one sided otherwise x

ReputationRep:
    I think that it sometimes happens with people that you have known for a long time and see very frequently as you literally seem to use up all the things to talk about!!
    As people said, how about going roack climbing or some other experience so that you will get something to talk about and get the conversation flowing again.
    Try thing like this for a while to see if they will help as in my case when it happens to me and my friends occasionally and all we need is to do some/have some "experiences" together (eg rock climbing, surfing, rollercoaster etc). However, if your bf doesn't seem to be at least trying then perhaps there's something else not working in the relationship? Does he really want to be with you? Do you deserve better? Remember to though that relationships do go up and down but, on the whole, if the relationship in not mostly positive then it may be time to move on.
    Good luck!
    x

Hopefully no monkey branching with one of many beta-orbiters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Sounds like its run its course.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So what is it that you love about him if you can't even have a conversation together?!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.