I just recieved my mock results (I'm in year 10), they're awful, can I improve? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I recently did Year 10 mocks. I did terribly. Here are my results:

English Language: 7
English Literature: 5
Biology: 3
Chemistry: 2
Physics: 2
Business Studies: 7
Computer Science: 7
Religious Studies: 4

I know they're awful, but if I study really hard over summer could I improve? Is there still enough time?
theywereblue
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I just did Year 10 mocks too! My results were:

English Language: 9 (with a distinction in my speaking and listening exam)
English Literature: 9
Biology: 8
Chemistry: 6
Physics: 7
Geography: 9
Media Studies: 8
Drama: 9
French: 8

However, these are a drastic improvement to what my previous levels were. I spent all of last summer revising and when I came back to school for the start of year reports, my grades had improved by a lot!!

So, by all means, revise as much as you can because it's definitely not too late and it'll definitely pay off-- just please, please, please make sure you leave spare time to allow yourself to have fun and relax!

DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

I know they're awful, but if I study really hard over summer could I improve? Is there still enough time?
Don't just study over the summer, study all throughout year 11 too. You should also remember to relax over summer or by the time your exams are happening you'll have burned out.

Talk to your teachers and get feedback on your mocks to figure out what areas you need to improve on and then focus on those.
username3934898
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you have plenty of time. not saying all teachers are bad or anything but they'll try and scare you into believing you're going to fail. you'll be fine you have plenty of time. over summer just try to watch loads of freesciencelessons videos and make lists of topics you don't understand. be honest with yourself. how do you revise? maybe your strategies aren't working for you so you could try other methods. when i started revising i was struggling to find out what i actually knew and you should maintain a balance between revising and having fun. you deserve to have fun. there's always enough time (unless you haven't revised up until the night before).

and hey look at your english language, business studies and computer science grades! be proud of that.

(Original post by Anonymous)

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Don't just study over the summer, study all throughout year 11 too. You should also remember to relax over summer or by the time your exams are happening you'll have burned out.

Talk to your teachers and get feedback on your mocks to figure out what areas you need to improve on and then focus on those.
I know, of course I didn't mean just over summer, but summer will help me improve.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (129)
24.02%
Pop (125)
23.28%
Jazz (24)
4.47%
Classical (29)
5.4%
Hip-Hop (99)
18.44%