Turn on thread page Beta

But it limits my job opportunities amongst other things..
    What can I do?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Doubt most jobs would reject you if you had a short trimmed beard. Buy a beard trimmer and trim it to roughly one inch all round. If you want even shorter, go shorter.

ReputationRep:
    Become a professional Heathen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    Doubt most jobs would reject you if you had a short trimmed beard. Buy a beard trimmer and trim it to roughly one inch all round. If you want even shorter, go shorter.
    Common sense ain't too common.

(Original post by xobeauty)
    Common sense ain't too common.
    GO DO some research and you will find some employers wont let you work with a beard FULL STOP.

you think you're better then everyone else dont you. go lay down somewhere fluffy.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    GO DO some research and you will find some employers wont let you work with a beard FULL STOP.
    Such as? Barring food hygiene concerns which is a sub section and easily managed with beard nets, can't think of anything you can't do with a small, well-groomed beard

(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Such as? Barring food hygiene concerns which is a sub section and easily managed with beard nets, can't think of anything you can't do with a small, well-groomed beard
    please don't spoil and sabotage my thread. I was clearing speaking to the other lovey person.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    please don't spoil and sabotage my thread. I was clearing speaking to the other lovey person.
    Or alternatively you've made a post in a public forum which I can contribute to, so I will. Deal?

So, given a properly groomed beard doesn't really present any issues, why are you struggling with it?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.