The Student Room Group

Why does nobody want to marry me?

I would understand if I was really ugly but I'm not so why has no one asked me to marry them? I'm in my mid twenties and going to be in my final year at uni in September and no one has shown any interest in me. Everyone I knew from secondary school is married now some with kids [I'm not interested in having kids so I'm not bothered by it but I would like to marry]

I'm a quiet person but I don't think that's the reason either. Lost of quiet people get married. I don't know many guys but the ones I do are much younger than me and not my type. I really want to find someone because I don't want to be lonely. Yeah I have my family but it's not the same. I want a life partner, I just feel empty without one sometimes. Anyone else feel like this?

I'm Pakistani but I'm not interested in marrying a Pakistani guy. No offence against any Pakistani guys but I just don't see their faces, they all look the same to me but non Pakistani guys are attractive. My family don't really want me to get married at all but I want to. I just feel like something is missing, the other half of me. I'm too shy to approach a guy and wouldn't if I was really confident because it's not really allowed in my religion. I just don't know what to do. I haven't met anyone and no one is approaching me.

I don't know what I will do after I graduate. Obviously I will look for a job to start my career but how can I settle down after if no one wants me? I don't want to spend the rest of my life alone. My family aren't always going to be there. I could get some pets once my family are able to afford our own house and stop living in rented houses but it won't be the same. I need a guy to be content I just know it. What can I do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Do you have a boyfriend? That might be a good start point
No need to rush into marriage. Start a relationship and take it from there.
Hey baby. I think I wanna marry you.
Original post by s817
I would understand if I was really ugly but I'm not so why has no one asked me to marry them? I'm in my mid twenties and going to be in my final year at uni in September and no one has shown any interest in me. Everyone I knew from secondary school is married now some with kids [I'm not interested in having kids so I'm not bothered by it but I would like to marry]

I'm a quiet person but I don't think that's the reason either. Lost of quiet people get married. I don't know many guys but the ones I do are much younger than me and not my type. I really want to find someone because I don't want to be lonely. Yeah I have my family but it's not the same. I want a life partner, I just feel empty without one sometimes. Anyone else feel like this?

I'm Pakistani but I'm not interested in marrying a Pakistani guy. No offence against any Pakistani guys but I just don't see their faces, they all look the same to me but non Pakistani guys are attractive. My family don't really want me to get married at all but I want to. I just feel like something is missing, the other half of me. I'm too shy to approach a guy and wouldn't if I was really confident because it's not really allowed in my religion. I just don't know what to do. I haven't met anyone and no one is approaching me.

I don't know what I will do after I graduate. Obviously I will look for a job to start my career but how can I settle down after if no one wants me? I don't want to spend the rest of my life alone. My family aren't always going to be there. I could get some pets once my family are able to afford our own house and stop living in rented houses but it won't be the same. I need a guy to be content I just know it. What can I do?

You can't really be upset about having no one wanting to marry you if you aren't really putting in the effort to meet someone. It's a joint effort. You won't be getting people coming up to you from all over the place wanting to be with you, you need to put in effort too.

Start by joining clubs or going to social events etc. to get yourself out there. Start talking to people and developing friendships which could turn into relationships.

You need to make a change. You can't just sit there doing nothing and then be sad that nobody is interested in you.
Marriage, what a load of crap.
Reply 6
So you Pakistani but don't wanna marry a Pakistani?
How do your famo feel about that? 🤣
I understand your situation, my best friend is asian and has been trying to find her future husband from the time she started dating.
She only seems to be attracted to doctors- not necessarily those working in hospitals, one of her dates was a qualified doctor working in a law firm.

Are you looking for a specific type of man, professional or religious?

My best friend does speed dating, goes to concerts & horse races and lots of weddings in India as well as the UK- from every culture and religion.

Original post by s817

Reply 8
Original post by as125
So you Pakistani but don't wanna marry a Pakistani?
How do your famo feel about that? 🤣

They don't know
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by s817

You could put yourself out there. From what I gather, you’re smart and pretty so you stand a much better chance than you give yourself credit for. You also sound genuine. But I’m guessing you’re not even 21 yet. Relax.
(edited 5 years ago)
would u date an ugly person who treats u right and is confident but reserved?
Original post by Anonymous
would u date an ugly person who treats u right and is confident but reserved?

I am also intrigued by the answer she’ll give.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Archurus23
You could put yourself out there. From what I gather, you’re smart and pretty so you stand a much better chance than you give yourself credit for. You also sound genuine. But I’m guessing you’re not even 21 yet. Relax.

I'm in my mid twenties
Original post by s817
I'm in my mid twenties

Ok. Still pretty young though.
Original post by s817

You're looking for guys who a- culturally don't think you're interested, and b- don't think about marriage for another 10 years.

Basically, you're looking in all the wrong places.
Reply 15
Original post by londonmyst
I understand your situation, my best friend is asian and has been trying to find her future husband from the time she started dating.
She only seems to be attracted to doctors- not necessarily those working in hospitals, one of her dates was a qualified doctor working in a law firm.

Are you looking for a specific type of man, professional or religious?

My best friend does speed dating, goes to concerts & horse races and lots of weddings in India as well as the UK- from every culture and religion.

No I'm not looking for a specific type of man
Original post by s817
No I'm not looking for a specific type of man

No, but the guys you are looking for are usually not looking at marriage for a good while yet. Average age for marriage in UK has gone into the 30s now.
Reply 17
can i be real with you? boys don't usually like to make the first move (fear of rejection) so you must meet them half way. i realise this is against your religion so it might be difficult meeting a non-Pakistani boy. if your religion says men must make the first move, you might have to re-think dating a Pakistani man with the same belief.

why don't your parents want you to get married? just curious. i've never heard of that before.
Reply 18
Original post by Joleee
can i be real with you? boys don't usually like to make the first move (fear of rejection) so you must meet them half way. i realise this is against your religion so it might be difficult meeting a non-Pakistani boy. if your religion says men must make the first move, you might have to re-think dating a Pakistani man with the same belief.

why don't your parents want you to get married? just curious. i've never heard of that before.

My parents are separated, I don't see my dad because he was no good to any of us and we had to leave him. My mum doesn't want me to marry because she's worried the same will happen to me.
Original post by s817
My mum doesn't want me to marry because she's worried the same will happen to me.

That's just ridiculous tbh. When it really comes down to it, you need to do what makes you happy. In this case it's finding marriage material. As others have mentioned, you can't expect the bloke to do all the work, you've got to make an effort too. Join a club, look around your workplace/Uni, basically anywhere with a lot of different people coming together.

However I think you're looking to run before you've even walked. You need to get a boyfriend before a fiance! :tongue: One step at a time.

Quick Reply

Latest