rain111222
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am currently studying Applied Science double and Health and Social Care. I cannot find a good uni that will accept BTECs. Some help please?
lucieol
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rain111222)
I am currently studying Applied Science double and Health and Social Care. I cannot find a good uni that will accept BTECs. Some help please?
What course/s are you looking at?
rain111222
Rep:
?
I want to do children's nursing
(Original post by lucieol)
What course/s are you looking at?
yt7777
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Over 95% of unis accept BTEC, where are you looking?

For a start:

Leeds (3rd in UK for Nursing) - DDD - BSc Nursing (Child) - https://courses.leeds.ac.uk/h396/nur...d-bsc#section3

Surrey (4th in UK for Nursing) - DDM - Nursing Studies (Children's Nursing) BSc (Hons) - https://www.surrey.ac.uk/undergradua...ldrens-nursing

UEA (5th for Nursing) - DDD - BSc Children's Nursing - https://www2.uea.ac.uk/study/undergr...dren-s-nursing

Other top unis:

Southampton - D*DD - BN (Hons) Bachelor of Nursing (Child) - https://www.southampton.ac.uk/health...ge#overview%0A

Kings College London - DDM (Health and Social / Applied Science) - BSc Nursing with Registration as a Children's Nurse - https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergra...y-requirements
joelcarter
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
All of them do
username3871102
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Any university you want to aslong as you get the required grades
katf
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Most will accept BTEC for nursing courses. You might need to be a bit less selective in your definition of a good uni though. If your definition is the likes of the very top Russell group unis, you might struggle. But for nursing especially, the uni isn't really that important. There's not a massive difference in courses between unis because they're so tightly regulated. Just try to find one that's going to make you happy. Don't bother with the whole prestige thing. In the long run, it won't affect your actual career or chances of getting a job.
University of East Anglia
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi rain111222,

Here at UEA, we accept BTEC DDD in a Health, Care or Science subject for our BSc Children’s Nursing degree course. We are ranked 5th in the UK for nursing (Complete University Guide 2019), with 100% student satisfaction for the BSc Children’s Nursing degree. Do have a look at our course page here for further information about the course and entry requirements.

I hope I have helped in some way. If you have any questions, please do ask! Best of luck

-Sian, UEA Official Rep
rain111222
Rep:
?
(Original post by University of East Anglia)
Hi rain111222,

Here at UEA, we accept BTEC DDD in a Health, Care or Science subject for our BSc Children’s Nursing degree course. We are ranked 5th in the UK for nursing (Complete University Guide 2019), with 100% student satisfaction for the BSc Children’s Nursing degree. Do have a look at our course page here for further information about the course and entry requirements.

I hope I have helped in some way. If you have any questions, please do ask! Best of luck

-Sian, UEA Official Rep
Hi, thanks for the info! I was also wondering, what if I do not meet the GCSE requirements?
rain111222
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by University of East Anglia)
Hi rain111222,

-Sian, UEA Official Rep
Hi, I only have two GCSE's so that's also a big reason why I am afraid that I will be rejected by most unis.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate