Midterm but glasses broke

Watch this thread
Hetal3471
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have got a conditional offer for degree course however my problem is unusual , I have a very high eye number and my glasses broke the new ones take 10 days since it’s high and they have to make it esp cause both eyes are different numbers . I can’t see properly forget studying , what do I do and how do I manage
999tigger
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Hetal3471)
I have got a conditional offer for degree course however my problem is unusual , I have a very high eye number and my glasses broke the new ones take 10 days since it’s high and they have to make it esp cause both eyes are different numbers . I can’t see properly forget studying , what do I do and how do I manage
Are you at a UK school? the exams are they important? I thought everyone had finished?
Talk to your school. Not sure why the uni is relevant?

Can you tell me what exams these are and for what qualification? Are they real or mocks?
Why are the results important?

I dont quite understand whats happening? If you make it clear I can tell you what to do.
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Do you not have an old pair you can use as a back-up? I personally have my last 2-3 pairs of glasses kept as back-ups for this purpose.
Hetal3471
Rep:
(Original post by 999tigger)
Are you at a UK school? the exams are they important? I thought everyone had finished?
Talk to your school. Not sure why the uni is relevant?

Can you tell me what exams these are and for what qualification? Are they real or mocks?
Why are the results important?

I dont quite understand whats happening? If you make it clear I can tell you what to do.
Yes I am doing a foundation course and have got conditional offer for degree , I have to score an average of 67 % to get into my choice of course and if I don’t score well in this my average might go down affecting my progression in to degree
Hetal3471
Rep:
(Original post by sinfonietta)
Do you not have an old pair you can use as a back-up? I personally have my last 2-3 pairs of glasses kept as back-ups for this purpose.
No unfortunately I don’t
Hetal3471
Rep:
No unfortunately I don’t
If I did then this problem wouldn’t have been there
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
Yes I am doing a foundation course and have got conditional offer for degree , I have to score an average of 67 % to get into my choice of course and if I don’t score well in this my average might go down affecting my progression in to degree
So you are already at the uni? You need to speak to your tutor asap and show them the prescription and time it takes. It is crazy for you not to have a spare pair. How strong is your prescription?

It appears it renders it impossible for you to take the exam. they may let you do resits.
Hetal3471
Rep:
(Original post by 999tigger)
So you are already at the uni? You need to speak to your tutor asap and show them the prescription and time it takes. It is crazy for you not to have a spare pair. How strong is your prescription?

It appears it renders it impossible for you to take the exam. they may let you do resits.
Yeah will do that tomorrow, my left eye is -4.75 and right is -3.5 cylindrical so big diff in powers for two eyes and hence more diff.
Inc3me
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yeah will do that tomorrow, my left eye is -4.75 and right is -3.5 cylindrical so big diff in powers for two eyes and hence more diff.
Wow that’s strong, shouldn’t you get like a medical grace.
penguingirl18
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
If the lenses aren't broken, can you tape/glue the frames temporarily? So sorry this happened to you.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
I have -4.75 in both eyes and I can study fine. When in the actual exam the paper is really close to you so you should be able to read it. Are you sure you can't power through it? The only alternatives I can think of is getting contact lenses, but if you haven't worn any before it might be difficult for you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (17)
29.82%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
38.6%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.51%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.26%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
7.02%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.28%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.75%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.75%

Watched Threads