The Student Room Group

MSc Speech and Language Therapy 2019 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hollie2338
yeah it's really weird - hope they sort it all out soon!

Yeah coz both my references have said that they have sent them off :/
Reply 81
I am also a bit confused by the email, mine hasn't listed anything as missing but i'm pretty sure my second reference hasn't been sent in yet. I might give them a call to confirm it has all been received.
Maybe it was jus a general email, and yeah you may want to check as the deadline was today - not to panic you :/
Reply 83
I called and they said only one reference is required at this stage, phew!
Original post by CPMiller
Maybe it was jus a general email, and yeah you may want to check as the deadline was today - not to panic you :/
Original post by Lev2393
I called and they said only one reference is required at this stage, phew!

Yeah an email went round, mine are both done so thankfully don’t have to worry about sorting another out especially with all the uni work I have to do
Original post by Hollie2338
hey Sagadugs,

How was your interview with essex? got one for sheffield in two weeks so any advice would be fab :smile:

Hi! I was very nervous, but the interviewers have actually managed to make me feel more relaxed. I was a little disappointed because I felt I didn’t have enough time to say what I wanted to say. So I need to learn to be more concise and specific and, at the same time, be able to give the interviewers a general idea of the main special qualities of my profile. Because they are interviewing hundreds of candidates, they don’t know anything about you...so you need to give them a little glimpse of your potential. I also thought, only afterwards, that bringing a portfolio could have helped, in case I felt too nervous to remember anything. But it’s not essential and it can also distract you from the main point, so be careful. Another thing that I actually did to prepare myself for the interview was EFT (emotional Freedom Technique).
Hope this helps. Good luck for your interview!
Original post by Sagadugs
Hi! I was very nervous, but the interviewers have actually managed to make me feel more relaxed. I was a little disappointed because I felt I didn’t have enough time to say what I wanted to say. So I need to learn to be more concise and specific and, at the same time, be able to give the interviewers a general idea of the main special qualities of my profile. Because they are interviewing hundreds of candidates, they don’t know anything about you...so you need to give them a little glimpse of your potential. I also thought, only afterwards, that bringing a portfolio could have helped, in case I felt too nervous to remember anything. But it’s not essential and it can also distract you from the main point, so be careful. Another thing that I actually did to prepare myself for the interview was EFT (emotional Freedom Technique).
Hope this helps. Good luck for your interview!

Hi, aww that’s eased my nerves a bit! What sort of things did they ask/want to know about? If you’re allowed to say :smile:
Hi, aww that’s eased my nerves a bit! What sort of things did they ask/want to know about? If you’re allowed to say :smile:

I can’t tell you exactly what they asked, but I can tell you that those were general questions that you would have probably be prepared for anyway. Nothing tricky....don’t worry, they are on your side. They just want to know you better to see if you have what it takes to be a good professional. I know it seems a bit cliché, but try to be yourself and enjoy the moment. I hate being interviewed...but in the end I actually enjoyed the whole experience. I loved meeting other candidates, seeing more of the place, imagining myself there in a classroom...I can even say that I had a fun day, and so even if I don’t get a place, I still had a great day and I’ve learnt a lot from it. Let’s see how it goes now...fingers crossed! Deep breath and good luck!
I can’t tell you exactly what they asked, but I can tell you that those were general questions that you would have probably be prepared for anyway. Nothing tricky....don’t worry, they are on your side. They just want to know you better to see if you have what it takes to be a good professional. I know it seems a bit cliché, but try to be yourself and enjoy the moment. I hate being interviewed...but in the end I actually enjoyed the whole experience. I loved meeting other candidates, seeing more of the place, imagining myself there in a classroom...I can even say that I had a fun day, and so even if I don’t get a place, I still had a great day and I’ve learnt a lot from it. Let’s see how it goes now...fingers crossed! Deep breath and good luck!

Thank you, really does put your mind at ease knowing what other have experienced!
Good luck too

Have you got interviews for other places?
Good luck too

Have you got interviews for other places?

No, this was the only one I’ve applied for.
Good luck, deep breath!
Had anyone heard from other universities with interview dates other than Essex and UCL ?
No, this was the only one I’ve applied for.
Good luck, deep breath!

Ahh, hope you get in :smile:
Original post by sprinkle99
Had anyone heard from other universities with interview dates other than Essex and UCL ?

Hi, I know that city is currently short listing
Hi, I know that city is currently short listing

Oh I haven’t heard anything !!!:frown:
Original post by sprinkle99
Oh I haven’t heard anything !!!:frown:

From city? It was only coz they sent out an email saying about additional documents, did you apply?
Hey everyone! Had my interview for essex and got offered a place! Is anyone else been offered a place? Havent yet heard back from ucl, city or sheffield.
Original post by Emilyvictoria97
Hey everyone! Had my interview for essex and got offered a place! Is anyone else been offered a place? Havent yet heard back from ucl, city or sheffield.

How long did it take to find out? :smile:
How long did it take to find out? :smile:

It was actually crazy i went for the interview and found out that day
Original post by Emilyvictoria97
It was actually crazy i went for the interview and found out that day

Wow! Well done!
Do you have to accept by a certain date? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending