The Student Room Group

Spent 10 K on a stripper

I'm on holiday and well been suckered out of my entire bank account. Ended up being taken to a strip club, the strippers got me extremely drunk and kept telling me I had to pay. I was barely conscious, didn't know what I was paying or what I was even paying for, but they told me I owed them money so I paid it. I can not remember much. Looked today and they charged me £10,000 which is every penny I own. I guess they kept making me pay until the card stopped working when it ran out of money.

I was laughing earlier as I think it's hysterical but the reality has just hit me and I feel like ****. Really don't know what to do. I'm facing losing my job and was going to rely on that money and now it's just gone...

Whoops

Scroll to see replies

you need to contact the police and your bank. these were fraudulent transactions conducted by criminals.
Reply 2
Original post by the bear
you need to contact the police and your bank. these were fraudulent transactions conducted by criminals.

the bank told me it was my fault and they will not refund the money.

The girls were literally pouring vodka down my mouth. I had no clue what I was doing. Apparently "being intoxicated does not relieve me of being liable for making the payments."
u absolute mug
Very expensive life lesson.

But perhaps in future, when you've got money again, have a "going out" debit card with no overdraft facility (doesn't let you go overdrawn) and only have a few hundred in it before the weekend.

You probably can't get your £10k back, basically the club will be owned by the mafia. They'll have a new victim every night.

Walk in there to confront them and they'll probably rough you up and leave you with a medical bill.

But you could take steps to prevent this in future.
Banking security tip of the day: keep you banking and financial details secure. Give them to me, and I will give them to nobody.
(edited 5 years ago)
'A fool and his money are easily parted'
£10k And you didn’t even get as much as a Bj FeelsBadMan :/
Reply 8
Original post by goggleyed
'A fool and his money are easily parted'

It's not my fault I am male! I was being given very "personal" service by a good 9/10 which was distracting me from using my brain... :/
Didn't even know it was a strip club until was inside..
Original post by Sexybadman

right, she just pulled off the ultimate con. shes literally someone who is laughing all the way to the bank
Reply 10
Original post by Sexybadman

I got a lot more than a BJ, doesn't make it worth the money though.
Reply 11
contact a lawyer. there are laws about over serving alcohol. in fact people have sued establishments for serving them when they drove home drunk after. 10k is certainly not worth throwing away.
Original post by Treeroy
I'm on holiday and well been suckered out of my entire bank account. Ended up being taken to a strip club, the strippers got me extremely drunk and kept telling me I had to pay. I was barely conscious, didn't know what I was paying or what I was even paying for, but they told me I owed them money so I paid it. I can not remember much. Looked today and they charged me £10,000 which is every penny I own. I guess they kept making me pay until the card stopped working when it ran out of money.

I was laughing earlier as I think it's hysterical but the reality has just hit me and I feel like ****. Really don't know what to do. I'm facing losing my job and was going to rely on that money and now it's just gone...

Whoops

Your credit card company should have detected abnormal transactions and put a temporary security hold on your account. You should make a complaint with the police if you feel that you were misled.
Original post by Treeroy

Whoops

I think there’s a life lesson in this story... I hope your 10k has a happy ending attached 😁
Reply 13
Original post by Joleee
contact a lawyer. there are laws about over serving alcohol. in fact people have sued establishments for serving them when they drove home drunk after. 10k is certainly not worth throwing away.

I don't think they care much for the law. While I was in the private room with the girl, my mate went to leave but the staff grabbed him and dragged him back in telling him he wasn't allowed to leave.

I don't even know where it was or what it was called. Tried tracing our route back and it was nowhere to be found. When you look online for strip clubs it isn't listed anywhere. It was tiny and there was no one else there, it was basically a small apartment.
Original post by Treeroy
the bank told me it was my fault and they will not refund the money.

The girls were literally pouring vodka down my mouth. I had no clue what I was doing. Apparently "being intoxicated does not relieve me of being liable for making the payments."

You knew they were pouring vodka down your throat and could have said that is enough of that and stop.
Lucky stripper
Reply 16
lol
Reply 17
Original post by FrankoJJameson
Your credit card company should have detected abnormal transactions and put a temporary security hold on your account. You should make a complaint with the police if you feel that you were misled.

I think there’s a life lesson in this story... I hope your 10k has a happy ending attached 😁

Yeah I'm kind of stunned the bank didn't even notice me making several £0000 payments in the middle of the night.

Like I said I don't even know where I was so dunno how to report them to police.

"Misled" is an understatement. They would tell me I need to pay 50 and then they've actually charged 20,000 or whatever... The card machine did not display how much I was being charged
Getting very drunk can lead to all sorts of amusing situations, and some not so amusing.
Original post by Treeroy
I got a lot more than a BJ, doesn't make it worth the money though.

What else did you get?

Quick Reply