Clamydia test question (girls please!)

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I am going to get tested for sti’s soon which I’ve never had to do before. I have had sex (obviously, lol), however, the idea of having to do any kind of swab tests really freaks me out. I tried doing a home test but i was so tense I just couldn’t do it and I really stressed my self out about it. It sounds silly I know, like I’ve had sex but a simple vaginal swab freaks me out. It’s the same with tampons. Couldnt insert one to save my life. (God knows what I’ll do when it comes to having a Pap smear done. Also I have to add that I was quite drunk when I had sex and so I didn’t feel much of it, so hopefully you can understand my situation better).
Anyway, I was wondering if female chlamydia tests be carried out by urine sample? Or can it only be done by vaginal swab? Please no rude comments, I’m feeling really stressed about this. Any advice is appreciated, thanks.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I am going to get tested for sti’s soon which I’ve never had to do before. I have had sex (obviously, lol), however, the idea of having to do any kind of swab tests really freaks me out. I tried doing a home test but i was so tense I just couldn’t do it and I really stressed my self out about it. It sounds silly I know, like I’ve had sex but a simple vaginal swab freaks me out. It’s the same with tampons. Couldnt insert one to save my life. (God knows what I’ll do when it comes to having a Pap smear done. Also I have to add that I was quite drunk when I had sex and so I didn’t feel much of it, so hopefully you can understand my situation better).
Anyway, I was wondering if female chlamydia tests be carried out by urine sample? Or can it only be done by vaginal swab? Please no rude comments, I’m feeling really stressed about this. Any advice is appreciated, thanks.
It can definitely be done by urine sample, as I have had that done (by means of a screening programme in the North East where you send a urine sample to screen for chlamydia and gonorrhea).
Amy06
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It can be done by urine yes I had it done one time I went to a sexual health clinic and then the second time they made me do a swab 😑
Never again! The next time I went I requested I get a urine pot if they want me to do it.

Just ask and demand you'll be fine

How tense are you? I've struggled with sex in the past and can't do tampons, swabs, or pap smears ect.
Turns out I have vaginismus x
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It can definitely be done by urine sample, as I have had that done (by means of a screening programme in the North East where you send a urine sample to screen for chlamydia and gonorrhea).
(Original post by Elektra06)
It can be done by urine yes I had it done one time I went to a sexual health clinic and then the second time they made me do a swab 😑
Never again! The next time I went I requested I get a urine pot if they want me to do it.

Just ask and demand you'll be fine

How tense are you? I've struggled with sex in the past and can't do tampons, swabs, or pap smears ect.
Turns out I have vaginismus x
Thank you both for your replies! Unfortunately the woman said that I couldn’t do a urine test and that it had be done by swab😒 She did the swab test for me though and it really wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be so wooo haha. Fingers crossed I’m all clear lol!
ahmed896
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
In pregnant ladies, there is prove that untreated chlamydia can prompt unexpected labor. Infants who are destined to tainted moms can get chlamydia in their eyes and respiratory tracts. Chlamydia is a main source of early baby pneumonia and conjunctivitis (pink eye) in babies.
Amy06
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ahmed896)
In pregnant ladies, there is prove that untreated chlamydia can prompt unexpected labor. Infants who are destined to tainted moms can get chlamydia in their eyes and respiratory tracts. Chlamydia is a main source of early baby pneumonia and conjunctivitis (pink eye) in babies.
I hear this **** every time I go to the sexual health clinic 😂😂

Chlamydia tests are good if people have multiple or a new sexual partner so it is important they aim it at those and advertise it more, especially in teenagers as people are having sex younger and younger
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (66)
27.62%
England (82)
34.31%
Belgium (20)
8.37%
Germany (28)
11.72%
Spain (3)
1.26%