The Student Room Group

My ex is addicted to cocaine

I just found out my ex is addicted to cocaine. She asked me for some money to buy her mum a birthday present, the thing is she has a job and doesn't really spend money on anything but nights out. Eventually after arguing i found out that every time she goes out she takes cocaine.
The thing is that she said she never touched drugs until i introduced her to weed, i usually like to take cocaine on special occasion, i just smoke it before a night out but its not something i do on a regular. I know how powerful the drug is and i use it respectfully.
I feel somewhat responsible but then again we're both adults and i never forced anyone to take drugs.

Scroll to see replies

It isn't your problem, nor is it your fault she decided to move on to cocaine when you introduced her to weed.
Reply 2
Not your problem anymore. Do not get involved :smile:
Well as you are well aware cocaine is a pretty powerful drug and for many people using it just for recreational use just isn't an option. A drug like this should never be messed with in the first place. She sounds like she needs major help and to be honest if you are even using that stuff at all you should seek help to.
Im surprised a lot are suggesting you be indifferent to the situation. True, an ex may not matter to you but you should direct her to some help. After all some responsibility lies on you and just help her as a friend or something else. Just dont outright abandon her situation
Original post by Anonymous
I just found out my ex is addicted to cocaine. She asked me for some money to buy her mum a birthday present, the thing is she has a job and doesn't really spend money on anything but nights out. Eventually after arguing i found out that every time she goes out she takes cocaine.
The thing is that she said she never touched drugs until i introduced her to weed, i usually like to take cocaine on special occasion, i just smoke it before a night out but its not something i do on a regular. I know how powerful the drug is and i use it respectfully.
I feel somewhat responsible but then again we're both adults and i never forced anyone to take drugs.

I dated a cocaine addict for two years. Addicts will drain you mentally, physically, manipulate you, lie to you. ALL THEY care about is themselves and their addiction. And you're gonna be that same way if you think occasional use is safe and nothing will happen to you. No one can help people like this, they have to want it. Trust me I've seen it, been through it....run. Care for yourself and not waste time with people like this.

My ex use to physically fight me for not giving him 20$ for his addiction, and used to be " aww he just needs help be there for him" that attitude will get him or you no where....they have to want it. These people are so toxic to the point you become toxic and don't even know yourself.

Stop doing that crap. Such a waste of money 15 mins of a high that you don't even know what Kinna High it will be. Mine sucked...sitting there rubbing lip balm on my lips with pasty ass mouth naw thanks.
(edited 5 years ago)

That really, if you've introduced her to that lifestyle, regardless of how often you use yeah you're kind of responsible, then again, she's even more responsible *shrug* If you're concerned, discuss or lecture as appropriate but don't get wound up in it and take the warning. No one starts out to get addicted, everything thinks they're in control until it's slapped in their face they aren't.

I'm nearing late 30's and none of my formally powder happy club/party friends that I know of are still at it, they either hit rock bottom or health complications got them, either that or they went into a hospital/hostel/dodgy flat and never came back out.
She’s your ex for a reason. Don’t entertain it.
Reply 8
Well you did expose her to drugs first

You gave her the weed to blaze g
Reply 9
Thanks for all the advice guys, i basically just called her brother and told him the situation and told him to tell their mum about her addiction. I don't have her mum's number and I'm not too sure about her friends so I didn't really know what else to call.
Tbh i feel like a good person who's done the right thing, i may feel guilt but deep down I know it's not my fault.
I think that you did the right thing and it's not your fault that she became addicted. You're best trying to move on as that's all you can really do for her, any recovery attempts are up to her now
Thanks for all the advice guys, i basically just called her brother and told him the situation and told him to tell their mum about her addiction. I don't have her mum's number and I'm not too sure about her friends so I didn't really know what else to call.
Tbh i feel like a good person who's done the right thing, i may feel guilt but deep down I know it's not my fault.

You did the right thing. Compassion runs on short supply nowadays. Perhaps her mum may be best at sorting such an issue. Good call and glad you did not avoid such a delicate situation. We can hope she comes over it and find a better path in life
Absolute degeneracy.

Anyone who introduces someone to drugs isn't a good person. When u care about someone you want them to do better. So you should feel a little bad about yourself.
Original post by xobeauty
I dated a cocaine addict for two years. Addicts will drain you mentally, physically, manipulate you, lie to you. ALL THEY care about is themselves and their addiction. And you're gonna be that same way if you think occasional use is safe and nothing will happen to you. No one can help people like this, they have to want it. Trust me I've seen it, been through it....run. Care for yourself and not waste time with people like this.

My ex use to physically fight me for not giving him 20$ for his addiction, and used to be " aww he just needs help be there for him" that attitude will get him or you no where....they have to want it. These people are so toxic to the point you become toxic and don't even know yourself.

Stop doing that crap. Such a waste of money 15 mins of a high that you don't even know what Kinna High it will be. Mine sucked...sitting there rubbing lip balm on my lips with pasty ass mouth naw thanks.

You need the good stuff. Not sure what crap you were buying.
Original post by Major Zero
You need the good stuff. Not sure what crap you were buying.

Um my ex was a dealer so he had the purest and it didn't even make me horny it was the opposite I didn't want it at all. That drug is a waste of money and so dumb. That drug makes no sense.

Don't do it.
Um my ex was a dealer so he had the purest

How much did you spend on that? The **** that i buy is rancid, i pay full price for it aswell.
Anyone who introduces someone to drugs isn't a good person. When u care about someone you want them to do better. So you should feel a little bad about yourself.

I never forced her and there was absolutely no peer pressure or any of that evil stuff involved. I may have introduced her but i can't be held responsible for what an adult individual does. I felt bad at the start but i know what I've done is right. I shouldn't feel bad now and i should have never felt bad in the first place.

No one asked for your trampy life story, this is completely irrelevant to OP and its clear you didnt read.
Original post by rhaegar458
No one asked for your trampy life story, this is completely irrelevant to OP and its clear you didnt read.

Why are u even talking to me if you're so concerned about OP and giving advice...Address him and the topic then not me.

Quick Reply

Latest