Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Good paper

C2 Unofficial Marking scheme 2018
username3535256
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have seen these threads with 'unofficial mark schemes' before several times, and always avoided them because I know that looking at them will just stress me out. I haven't avoided this one because I did C2 last year, with a different exam board (OCR MEI), so this doesn't apply here.

But I just have to ask, why on earth would someone want to compile an unofficial mark scheme, and why would someone want to look at it, given that there is nothing that you can do to alter your performance in an exam, and that looking at these documents will only serve to point out the mistakes you have made? What is the point? What can be gained from it, other than panic and distress?

???
tiny hobbit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Rachmaninov)
I have seen these threads with 'unofficial mark schemes' before several times, and always avoided them because I know that looking at them will just stress me out. I haven't avoided this one because I did C2 last year, with a different exam board (OCR MEI), so this doesn't apply here.

But I just have to ask, why on earth would someone want to compile an unofficial mark scheme, and why would someone want to look at it, given that there is nothing that you can do to alter your performance in an exam, and that looking at these documents will only serve to point out the mistakes you have made? What is the point? What can be gained from it, other than panic and distress?

???
Other things that are a mystery to me:

Why call worked solutions a "mark scheme"? There are no suggestions included as to how marks will be awarded.

Why would you want to produce these several weeks after the exams have finished? Boredom? The actual mark schemes will be released in the next couple of weeks.
kvarstar.
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
anyone have links to the ocr (not mei) one?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (147)
17.52%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.82%
No I am happy with my course choice (497)
59.24%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (121)
14.42%

Watched Threads