The Student Room Group

I want to get a higher Maths grade at GCSE

I got a 6 at GCSE but I want to get atleast a 7 or an 8. Is there anyway I can resit it now? I am in A levels and want to do law but want my maths grade to be a bit higher
Thanks
Yeah if your college/sixth form offers a GCSE maths resit just sign up for it. If you talk to your tutor they can probably tell you who to talk to but usually it’ll be like the exams coordinator.

It’ll cost you a bit of money but should be pretty doable. Just make sure you do better to make it worth it - your school may also be able to help with this because most colleges run GCSE maths retake classes for kids who didn’t get a C or a 4 or whatever it is now.
Adding on to the previous poster, you can pay an exam centre to do your exam privately once you know all the content.
Unless you need the math grade fir uni/employment, I see not why you wish to pay $$$ for a resit
Reply 4
Original post by enemysoilder
I got a 6 at GCSE but I want to get atleast a 7 or an 8. Is there anyway I can resit it now? I am in A levels and want to do law but want my maths grade to be a bit higher
Thanks

If that grae 6 in maths already satisfies the GSCE entry requirements then there isn't much point in resiting your maths exam as a higher grade will likely not improve your chances of getting into your desired uni.

Not only that, but you will have to spend some time revising for your GSCE maths retake which could have been better spent.

Quick Reply

Latest