The Student Room Group

Summer ‘prep work’

I have an offer to study Medicine at Cambridge for 2018 entry and was wondering whether anyone has any tips of some prep work I could start doing? I’m so scared of falling behind quite early on!

Of course, I will not be doing heaps of work as I still want to enjoy this summer. However rather unsurprisingly, my Netflix binges are becoming quite boring so I thought I’d start doing 1-2 hours of prep work a day.

What type of skills would you also recommend that I start developing (and how would you recommend doing this)? I.e. I’ve been reading & (making an attempt at) analysing certain aspects of scientific articles I come across - do you think this is worthwhile?

Thanks in advance!
Original post by worksmartnothard
I have an offer to study Medicine at Cambridge for 2018 entry and was wondering whether anyone has any tips of some prep work I could start doing? I’m so scared of falling behind quite early on!

Of course, I will not be doing heaps of work as I still want to enjoy this summer. However rather unsurprisingly, my Netflix binges are becoming quite boring so I thought I’d start doing 1-2 hours of prep work a day.

What type of skills would you also recommend that I start developing (and how would you recommend doing this)? I.e. I’ve been reading & (making an attempt at) analysing certain aspects of scientific articles I come across - do you think this is worthwhile?

Thanks in advance!

You don't need to do any prep and you won't fall behind. Enjoy the summer :yy:

Work smart, not hard, worksmartnothard :wink:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Democracy
You don't need to do any prep and you won't fall behind. Enjoy the summer :yy:

Work smart, not hard, worksmartnothard :wink:

Ahahaha I was fearing this response :biggrin:
Honestly though, I think my days are just gonna be so boring if I don't incorporate 1-2 hours of work in to days. So if you think there's no prep work for me to be doing I think I may just read articles on medicine topics that I really enjoy! A cheeky Kurzgesagt YouTube video can never hurt. Also decided to try & learn some card tricks lol

Hope you have a good summer :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending