The Student Room Group

Can my school kick me out?

I got a D, E, E from my as mock results...
we didn't even do the real AS exam. The school keeps telling to retake the year... I don't want to. They say I have a choice but when told them I want to carry on they keep telling trying to convince me otherwise...
I really don't want to retake another year of A levels... its horrible. It's hard to make friends for as it is when it's with younger people I think it will be even worse...
I told them I would change it up a lot over the summer by catching up to everything... but say the most I could get predicted was 3 Ds and I got UUE... even tho I got D, E, E ... Bio, Chem, Maths.
Do you know any sixth form colleges I can apply to carry on with year 2... I don't want to carry on in a sixth form which keeps telling me I'm bad at something when im struggling at it the most, just kills my self esteem.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by ISUCKATCHEMISTRY
I got a D, E, E from my as mock results...
we didn't even do the real AS exam. The school keeps telling to retake the year... I don't want to. They say I have a choice but when told them I want to carry on they keep telling trying to convince me otherwise...
I really don't want to retake another year of A levels... its horrible. It's hard to make friends for as it is when it's with younger people I think it will be even worse...
I told them I would change it up a lot over the summer by catching up to everything... but say the most I could get predicted was 3 Ds and I got UUE... even tho I got D, E, E ... Bio, Chem, Maths.
Do you know any sixth form colleges I can apply to carry on with year 2... I don't want to carry on in a sixth form which keeps telling me I'm bad at something when im struggling at it the most, just kills my self esteem.

I wouldn't worry about your self esteem right now - sometimes a nock to your confidence is exactly what you need to set you on the right path.

Right now you need to look at whats going wrong, and you need to very serriously consider why you are failing everything. What are you doing wrong? Are you not taking it seriously enough? Are you not focusing enough? Are you not working hard enough? Are you working in the wrong way, and making it harder for yourself? Are your friends causing problems? Problems at home? Are you taking subjects that you find particularly difficult? etc.

You need to identify the problem, before you can even start to aproach the solution.

Right now your school's position seems clear - they see you failing, and they are not confident you can change, and turn it around. If you want to prove to them that you are worth keeping, and you can change - then you need to show them that you understand what went wrong this year.

You can't just say to them 'I don't want to go back to the first year because I won't like it' or 'I don't want to be at a school that makes me feel bad, when I perform badly' etc. - you need to tell them the truth. Explain to them why this year you have failed, and explain to them what you are going to do differently next time.
Reply 2
They're not going to force you to repeat the year. They are trying to convince you to repeat because low grades affect their ranking, and you probably don't want low grades either so it is in your interests as well - although it's understandable that you don't want to repeat a year. But you will be able to carry on and go to year 13. So -
work your arse off this summer and try to see if you can take a mock paper under exam conditions when you get back to try and boost your grades. If it goes to sh*t in the real exam, you can retake the next year.
(edited 5 years ago)
could have gotten an A on the chemistry test.
Wasn't as baffled as i thought i would be on them.
Got 21/70 and 29/70
made loads of silly mistakes, would have been on the 35s
if i didn't.
Maths was genuinely hard. Although i don't think i didn'T enough
work on it. I just assumed i was bad at maths becuase of
how people were peforming around me. I also forgot how much
i used to love maths over the year.
Biology i got a D but the grade boundries were pulled up... because
loads of people already got the paper before the test and ended up
getting As, other than a few people in my class =.=, if i used last years
grade boundaries would have gotten a high/middle B.

In a nutshell i thought they were gonna be a lot harder than they actually
were, i gave up. After seeing mocks was shocked to relise i could have
gotten good grades in them.
Reply 4
In my opinion you should retake the year. Consider taking different A-levels that are more suited for your strengths. The most important thing is getting good grades rather than the subjects you take, you chose the most rigorous subjects.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest