The Student Room Group

Should I give a chance to this guy?

We've been talking online for a while, and have been on two dates. He really is extremely kind; I'd say he's one of the nicest people I've ever met. He is so easy to talk to, and I'm quite shy but I don't feel it at all around him.
I feel bad for saying this, but he just doesn't seem to have any kind of hobbies apart from going to the gym. I know he has friends who he meets up with, but he really just seems to have no other hobbies at all. When I ask him what he does at the weekend he just never seems to have plans.
I feel like all we have in common is our job, but I do feel bad as he is such a kind guy. Should I see how it goes with him anyway? Thanks
Original post by Anonymous
We've been talking online for a while, and have been on two dates. He really is extremely kind; I'd say he's one of the nicest people I've ever met. He is so easy to talk to, and I'm quite shy but I don't feel it at all around him.
I feel bad for saying this, but he just doesn't seem to have any kind of hobbies apart from going to the gym. I know he has friends who he meets up with, but he really just seems to have no other hobbies at all. When I ask him what he does at the weekend he just never seems to have plans.
I feel like all we have in common is our job, but I do feel bad as he is such a kind guy. Should I see how it goes with him anyway? Thanks

What are your hobbies?
I don't think it is fair to judge him solely on lack of hobbies. Maybe he has a few he is embarrassed to share up front?

I would say give him a try, but it seems to me like you have already made up your mind and are trying to convince yourself it is the lack of hobbies, rather than something else.

Of course you should at least give him a chance. I can't lie, nice guys are hard to find nowadays and if the only thing holding you back is his hobbies while he's ticking so many other boxes, then that's really petty. You can always find hobbies with him, if he's free at the weekends - go out places and try new things! Everyone has their own interests, you probably just haven't figured his out yet... or maybe he's embarrassed? Who knows, but yes, give it a chance.
Reply 4
Thanks for the replies, yes maybe I'm being too harsh. I don't judge him for that as he can live his life the way he wants it to. It's more that I feel we don't have much in common as a result, and that we don't have much to talk about other than our jobs. But yeah, maybe I need to give him a chance .
You say he's really easy to talk to and the kindest person you've ever met, so he must be doing something right; you're clearly having good convos about something... So why does it matter about having things in common? Often, opposites attract.
Guess you don't have any either

dont go out with him for no reason just because, be friends :smile:
I would still give him a chance it sounds like you get on really well. Maybe in the future you can do some hobbies together. Also like someone else said he may have over hobbies but the gym is his main hobby. Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest