PSA: Did you know you can watch forums?! Watch

Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
You can! It is really helpful and pins the forum to your homepage so you can see the latest threads in there.

I use it to keep on track of everything I'm interested in accross TSR. :beard: Also provides a handy link on your homepage so you can broswe the forums easily.

At the top of the forum click the watch button:

Name:  wacthbutton.JPG
Views: 22
Size:  25.1 KB

Then chose your notification preferences (no emails, daily emails or weekly emails):

Et voila! You are watching the forum:

Then it will appear on your Homepage like this:

Go watch your favourite forums now so you don't miss anything!
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yep. Already watch chat and DT to keep an eye for any misplaced threads
Puddles the Monkey
Rep:
?
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Yep. Already watch chat and DT to keep an eye for any misplaced threads
:yay:
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
You can! It is really helpful and pins the forum to your homepage so you can see the latest threads in there.

I use it to keep on track of everything I'm interested in accross TSR. :beard: Also provides a handy link on your homepage so you can broswe the forums easily.

At the top of the forum click the watch button:

Name:  wacthbutton.JPG
Views: 22
Size:  25.1 KB

Then chose your notification preferences (no emails, daily emails or weekly emails):

Et voila! You are watching the forum:

Then it will appear on your Homepage like this:

Go watch your favourite forums now so you don't miss anything!
I watch 6 forums but only 5 show up on my homepage. Is this normal?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Puddles the Monkey
Rep:
?
(Original post by 04MR17)
...No

I have 8 showing right now.

Amusing Elk Do you know why this might be? :holmes:
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm about 90% sure I follow some that don't show up either.

There used to be a custom setting to choose how many showed up, it could be a side effect of that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Puddles the Monkey
Rep:
?
(Original post by shadowdweller)

There used to be a custom setting to choose how many showed up, it could be a side effect of that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really?

Wonder if it still exists....
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really?

I can see the forums I am watching on the new app by going through Watched > Forums. That's how I know there's 6.

I've never seen a setting about it though. :erm: :dontknow:
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Really?

I can see the forums I am watching on the new app by going through Watched > Forums. That's how I know there's 6.

I've never seen a setting about it though. :erm: :dontknow:
Yeah, we're talking a few years back though. I'll have a look if it's still around when I'm on my laptop

Posted from TSR Mobile
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Puddles the Monkey 04MR17

Okay, so until 2 years ago, there was an option to customise the sidebar widgets, and also the homepage widgets. As a part of that, you could choose how many watched threads appeared in the widget, how many reps, and (I believe) how many watched forums as well. This wasn't something used by many users though, so it was removed in 2016, and replaced by the static widgets we have now.

However, as best I can tell if you did have specific settings, these were rolled over into the new widget layout. I'm not certain on this, as it was a few years since I chose the numbers for mine, but I'm pretty sure they remained the same, and could be why Puddles has more Watched Threads showing up than me and 04MR17.

It's possible of course that it is entirely unrelated to all this, but it's the first thing that sprang to mind when I saw the question about it
Puddles the Monkey
Rep:
?

Okay, so until 2 years ago, there was an option to customise the sidebar widgets, and also the homepage widgets. As a part of that, you could choose how many watched threads appeared in the widget, how many reps, and (I believe) how many watched forums as well. This wasn't something used by many users though, so it was removed in 2016, and replaced by the static widgets we have now.

However, as best I can tell if you did have specific settings, these were rolled over into the new widget layout. I'm not certain on this, as it was a few years since I chose the numbers for mine, but I'm pretty sure they remained the same, and could be why Puddles has more Watched Threads showing up than me and 04MR17.

It's possible of course that it is entirely unrelated to all this, but it's the first thing that sprang to mind when I saw the question about it
This sounds plausible to me, and I tend to edit my setting so I have the highest amount of things showing, so it seems like something I would do..... :holmes:

Thank you for digging out that thread as well :yy: I remember those changes being made
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This sounds plausible to me, and I tend to edit my setting so I have the highest amount of things showing, so it seems like something I would do..... :holmes:

Thank you for digging out that thread as well :yy: I remember those changes being made
No problem, hopefully it turns out to be helpful
Puddles the Monkey
Rep:
?
No problem, hopefully it turns out to be helpful
Super helpful thank you
SoulfulTwist
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So can we choose how many watched forums we want to show up? .. :holmes: Not all of mine show.
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

This is quite plausible. I was active 2 years ago and my rusty brain vaguely recalls the customisable homepage. I don't think I knew about watched forums at the time though so never looked at the setting. Could 5 have been a default?
(Original post by SoulfulTwist)
So can we choose how many watched forums we want to show up? .. :holmes: Not all of mine show.
I think we should do. But something may be broken.
SoulfulTwist
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This is quite plausible. I was active 2 years ago and my rusty brain vaguely recalls the customisable homepage. I don't think I knew about watched forums at the time though so never looked at the setting. Could 5 have been a default?
If it's broken, it can be fixed too :yep:
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If it's broken, it can be fixed too :yep:
Could it be magic now?:ninja:
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Not as things stand now, no - the option is no longer available :moon:

5 was almost certianly the default, as I believe it was the same for Watched Threads! :yep:
SoulfulTwist
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Not as things stand now, no - the option is no longer available :moon:

5 was almost certianly the default, as I believe it was the same for Watched Threads! :yep:
Something that can be worked on then

I have 10 showing..
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
:rofl: I have about 20 watched threads showing. And I watch about 2000.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.41%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.52%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (86)
19.07%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (181)
40.13%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.66%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.21%