MrWorldwide
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi there,I recently received a letter from Student Finance saying that they want me to send them a written letter with all the past addresses I have lived at. I am UK National and I have spent the majority of my life living in the EU. Why do they need confirmation of ALL my addresses since birth?Thanks
Aisha SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MrWorldwide)
Hi there,I recently received a letter from Student Finance saying that they want me to send them a written letter with all the past addresses I have lived at. I am UK National and I have spent the majority of my life living in the EU. Why do they need confirmation of ALL my addresses since birth?Thanks
Hi,

We would require this information to confirm your eligibility for Student Finance.

A UK national does not need to meet the 3 year residency criteria if you have been exercising a right to reside in the EU or Switzerland.

You must have been ordinarily resident in the EEA or Switzerland for the 3 year period prior to the first day of the first academic year of the course, and will be ordinarily resident in the UK on the first day of the first term of their course. In these circumstances a UK national must:

- Provide a breakdown of their residency details since birth
- Have been ordinarily resident in England, prior to exercising their right to reside

Regards, Aisha.
MrWorldwide
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aisha SFE)
Hi,

We would require this information to confirm your eligibility for Student Finance.

A UK national does not need to meet the 3 year residency criteria if you have been exercising a right to reside in the EU or Switzerland.

You must have been ordinarily resident in the EEA or Switzerland for the 3 year period prior to the first day of the first academic year of the course, and will be ordinarily resident in the UK on the first day of the first term of their course. In these circumstances a UK national must:

- Provide a breakdown of their residency details since birth
- Have been ordinarily resident in England, prior to exercising their right to reside

Regards, Aisha.
Hi Aisha SFE ,

Thank you for your prompt response. When you mean "ordinarily resident", does this mean that I have lived in England previously? Also, when stating "prior to exercising their right to reside", does that mean living in England any time before moving to the EEA?

Thanks
MrWorldwide
Rep:
?
Can anyone else please clarify upon my last point?
Aisha SFE
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi Aisha SFE ,

Thank you for your prompt response. When you mean "ordinarily resident", does this mean that I have lived in England previously? Also, when stating "prior to exercising their right to reside", does that mean living in England any time before moving to the EEA?

Thanks
Hi, no "ordinarily resident" means that you haven't left the EU/EEA for the 3 years prior to starting your course. The reason why we require address history since birth is show that you have been in the UK at some point.

Please send this in as soon as possible and ensuring when you write your letter that you provide the dates in dd/mm/yyyy format.

The address you send this to is Student Finance England, PO Box 210, Darlington, DL1 9HJ.

Regards, Aisha.
MrWorldwide
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aisha SFE)
Hi, no "ordinarily resident" means that you haven't left the EU/EEA for the 3 years prior to starting your course. The reason why we require address history since birth is show that you have been in the UK at some point.

Please send this in as soon as possible and ensuring when you write your letter that you provide the dates in dd/mm/yyyy format.

The address you send this to is Student Finance England, PO Box 210, Darlington, DL1 9HJ.

Regards, Aisha.
Thank you!
Aisha SFE
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank you!
You're welcome!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (69)
18.16%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (108)
28.42%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (143)
37.63%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (48)
12.63%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (12)
3.16%

Watched Threads