A lovely TSR volunteer has passed away

Watch this thread
Quizlet
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
It is with sadness that I inform you that a fellow community assistant has passed away earlier today.

This is Quizlet's friend (David), some of you already know me from his other thread (Quizlet's cancer journey) more info here:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5336802

To remember him, you may have seen a few staff members and other community assistants putting a yellow ribbon as their profile picture, which symbolises anyone who has had bone cancer or is currently fighting bone cancer, feel free to put it as your own profile picture for however long you want to remember Quizlet .

He may have passed away from cancer, but he didn't let it control his life, he had very little pain for he passed away, and it was very peaceful. He was in control, not cancer.

It would be nice if you'd let us know about your favourite moments with Quizlet (if you knew him at all), we could possibly collate it into a big lovely thread dedicated to him.

David
S.G.
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
RIP
Bulletzone
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Never met the fella, but from his thread he seems like such a down to earth person and a pleasure to be around.
Well done for beating cancer.

May your soul rest in peace.
London090
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Quizlet)
It is with sadness that a fellow community assistant has passed away earlier today.

This is Quizlet's friend (David), some of you already know me from his other thread (Quizlet's cancer journey) more info here:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5336802

To remember him, you may have seen a few staff members and other community assistants putting a yellow ribbon as their profile picture, which symbolises anyone who has had bone cancer or is currently fighting bone cancer, feel free to put it as your own profile picture for however long you want to remember Quizlet .

He may have passed away from cancer, but he didn't let it control his life, he had very little pain for he passed away, and it was very peaceful. He was in control, not cancer.

It would be nice if you'd let us know about your favourite moments with Quizlet (if you knew him at all), we could possibly collate it into a big lovely thread dedicated to him.

David
This is sad to hear however he's in a better place and as a student who regularly uses TSR I am so so grateful for the work and effort he has put into helping students lives. I can't even explain how much TSR has helped my student life, the resources are so so useful and all the people are so helpful. Quizlet is in our hearts❤️
Andrew97
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
RIP
3pointonefour
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
How old was he when he passed away?
the bear
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
RIP Quizlet

absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
oh my
seemed like a lovely user, never really knew him but was always helpful and nice to others.
hope he rests in peace.
Ray_Shadows
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
never met this guy but may his soul rest in peace
will_the_latic
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
So sad. RIP.
markovchain17
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Rest in peace
a9493r
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
May he rest in peace. Prayers to his family and friends in this difficult time
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Wow, that was so sudden from his fairly recent updates where he seemed to be doing OK. Glad that the end was peaceful and painless according to David.
username4162760
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Very sorry to hear of Quizlets passing, he will be missed :cry2:
the bear
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
It wasn’t David who passed...
you are right... i misread :emo:
SilverWater
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Read through his cancer journey thread and I am so saddened to hear he passed.
When he said it was unfair and he didn't want to die my heart broke.

RIP.
username4011692
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Rest in Peace
username1539513
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
May his soul be at rest
Nathan Scott
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
RIP
username3025040
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 3pointonefour)
How old was he when he passed away?
He was 17.

You can take it easy now, Quizzy. :heart:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (192)
42.29%
The paper was reasonable (200)
44.05%
Not feeling great about that exam... (39)
8.59%
It was TERRIBLE (23)
5.07%

Watched Threads