chelseagirl2002
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I've recently heard from people that marriage is made up. I've grown up to think of marriage as a normal part of human life, but now I'm wondering whether it's really that necessary.

What do you guys think of marriage?
SkyRunner61
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by chelseagirl2002)
I've recently heard from people that marriage is made up. I've grown up to think of marriage as a normal part of human life, but now I'm wondering whether it's really that necessary.

What do you guys think of marriage?
I mean...marriage is quite literally made up since it’s not like it’s existed since the start of time but I get what you meant when you said that.

Although I think people should be able to marry if they so please, I can’t say that I’m particularly interested in marriage. Regardless of gender (I’m bi), I’d be happy to have a life partner and maybe marry only if it was better financially to do so.
Archurus23
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don’t really care if it’s necessary. If I loved someone, I’d love to make it official. My worry is whether or not it’s worth the risk, as the majority of marriages end in divorce. I don’t really see the point in investing however many years and perhaps a lot of money into something that has a good chance of failure and subsequently result in me losing up to half or more of what I own. As pessimistic as it sounds, there’s always a chance of that.
username4150124
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It’s not necessary. A piece of paper shouldn’t determine your love for your partner. However, I’ll attend other people’s weddings if they want me there. I personally don’t want to get married but it’s okay if people around me want to.

However, there’s nothing that I hate more than couples who act like their love is better than other couples just because they’re married. Do they not realise most marriages end in divorce? Lol.
Randyyy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Marriage is one of the best things that has integrated into our society from the judeo christian culture.
esralled
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Marriage isn't a necessity My opinion might be jaded because my parents went through a very messy divorce after 30 years married together, but I see it as causing more problems than it's worth. If you love your partner, you don't need the government's validation.
LavenderBlueSky88
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Of course it’s made up, animals don’t get married do they? I don’t know how I feel about it tbh, not that bothered but it probably makes life easier (kids have same surnames, next of kin stuff etc).
Rum Ham
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Its not necessary at all. For me and my husband, we got married due to me not being in the best of health and I wanted him to legally be my next of kin and for him to have a say in my health care. Love and all things romantic didn't come into the decision at all because we had already been together for nearly 10 years, lived together, we are a team and we already knew we loved each other and were 100% committed to each other and the relationship - we just needed the legal part done for various reasons. We had a great wedding and that day was one of the best days of my life as it was great fun but our relationship before getting married was just as important as it is now. For us, nothing has changed other than my name and title. Marriage is in no way shape or form necessary to prove you love one another or that you are committed. I think many couples jump into marriage for marriage for the wrong reasons and that is why so many fail.

We've been committed to each other for nearly 10 years and we didn't need a piece of paper to prove it to each other, we just needed it to prove to people like the government that we are committed.
Randyyy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LavenderBlueSky88)
Of course it’s made up, animals don’t get married do they? I don’t know how I feel about it tbh, not that bothered but it probably makes life easier (kids have same surnames, next of kin stuff etc).
Animals also don't wear clothes haha. We have different needs than animals and marriage satisfies some of those needs. Ofc its a human invention but the argument you make is weak
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (115)
24.78%
Pop (108)