I'm a 19 year old female that doesn't feel like a girl or a boy

Watch
Gr3at
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I like men and women, but I can't identify myself as either one entirely. I started questioning genders just recently this year. some days I feel more like a girl, other days I feel more like a boy. The only reason I questioned it was because my boyfriend I've 3 years said that I have the personna of a man and I dress and act boyish most of the time (and some other things). He says that he still loves me. I don't know what to think about anything. what to identify with? I just want some help
JDieMstr
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
you're bi, that's the short answer.
username4169146
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
can you explain what is the persona of a man and acting boyish? to me it would mean basically what testosterone does to you: single minded, aggressive, assertive, cockiness, decisive, able to handle a difficiult situation immediately (through aggressive staglike confrontation) and move on quickly, competitive, risk-taking, impulsive, high sex drive...is this how you are?
username3890778
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It just means you’re a bi tomboy?...
username2393237
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You don't really have to identify as anything - just be yourself. Nobody fits the feminine or masculine stereotypes 100%
Gr3at
Rep:
?
I'm risk taking and asserive at times but that's really about it
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
why do you need help? you sound like most people on the planet for reals. everyone has masculine and feminine traits (whatever that means). and dressing like a boy doesn't make you more boyish - no not one bit. i think we're just bombarded with 'gender-ism' these days; it makes us overthink things. you're fine my dear. you don't need to 'decide' your gender -- just be YOU.
SkyRunner61
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Gr3at)
I like men and women, but I can't identify myself as either one entirely. I started questioning genders just recently this year. some days I feel more like a girl, other days I feel more like a boy. The only reason I questioned it was because my boyfriend I've 3 years said that I have the personna of a man and I dress and act boyish most of the time (and some other things). He says that he still loves me. I don't know what to think about anything. what to identify with? I just want some help
You could be genderfluid but I agree with @Joleee, it doesn't really matter unless you think it does. Gender roles and expression don't determine your gender.
Tawheed
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I lost count - exactly how many genders are there ?
ilem
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Congrats. You're still a woman though.
Eva.Gregoria
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
In the olden days, people would call you a tomboy and that was that.

Nowadays, people start contemplating changing their gender and undergoing permanent reassignment surgery.

Just accept you’re a bit of a tomboy, like whoever you want to like and move on.
Tootles
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Gr3at)
Who says you need to identify?
hanrosee
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Honestly youre you, and you don't need a label. You might not figure out who you are for years and years, and you dont have to. Labels just seem to make things easier, but that doesnt always need to happen!
Gr3at
Rep:
?
i hadn't even really thought about any of this before my boyfriend said that to me.
Ryanzmw
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Gr3at)
I'm risk taking and asserive at times but that's really about it
There are girls who are risk-taking and assertive at times, it's limited to one gender.
AperfectBalance
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Tawheed)
I lost count - exactly how many genders are there ?
Two.
teeeth
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My girlfriend feels the same way and she identifies as non-binary. It is normal to feel the way you do. Gender is a spectrum. Ignore the fools saying there are only two genders. Also sex and gender are very different things. You can be biologically female and not identify as a woman. It's 2018.
Gr3at
Rep:
?
well, thank you guys for your opinions on the subject. I'll do some further thinking on the subject and taking the things that you guys mentioned into consideration. it's always better to get a broader perspective on things.
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Gr3at)
Gender is a social construct - just live how you want to live
ThatOldGuy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Gr3at)
I have wanted to ask a question on this very thing for a while now:

What does being a 'boy' feel like and what does being a 'girl' feel like?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (53)
17.79%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (83)
27.85%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (113)
37.92%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (39)
13.09%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (10)
3.36%

Watched Threads