The Student Room Group

Do you think i'll lose my job? :(

I recently got a job (June 5th) and just got my DBS back. But I need to have a risk-assesment meeting where they ask me about an offence I have on my DBS. I didn't tell them about it at time of interview as I just had interviews with the RSPCA and they said they'd be back in contact, they never said if they'd take it to court etc they just investigated at the time. All that happened was I came back to my town from living in London and due to my mums change of circumstances with debt and mental health issues, she unintentionally neglected her dog. I responsibly took the action to contact the RSPCA and sign him over. That's all. However they said because I live in the house I have to be interviewed and I have to be involved. Even though I never had any part of it, and just called the RSPCA and did the right thing... I feel really paranoid and anxious because I really want this job! I've waited a month+ to start and I am so excited... I just can't sleep right now due to stressing about it.
Original post by Jadely98
I recently got a job (June 5th) and just got my DBS back. But I need to have a risk-assesment meeting where they ask me about an offence I have on my DBS. I didn't tell them about it at time of interview as I just had interviews with the RSPCA and they said they'd be back in contact, they never said if they'd take it to court etc they just investigated at the time. All that happened was I came back to my town from living in London and due to my mums change of circumstances with debt and mental health issues, she unintentionally neglected her dog. I responsibly took the action to contact the RSPCA and sign him over. That's all. However they said because I live in the house I have to be interviewed and I have to be involved. Even though I never had any part of it, and just called the RSPCA and did the right thing... I feel really paranoid and anxious because I really want this job! I've waited a month+ to start and I am so excited... I just can't sleep right now due to stressing about it.

Just explain as you have done here - I think it will be OK as it was not you that neglected the dog but actually took responsible actions.
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
Just explain as you have done here - I think it will be OK as it was not you that neglected the dog but actually took responsible actions.

See, this is what I thought. I haven't done anything but the right thing. My mum was a wreck, that's why I came back also.

Just at the back of my mind i'm terrified. It's because I made big plans for this career.
I went to court yesterday for an interview for a statement for the final sentencing and the solicitor I talked to was like 'You're better off joining Jobseekers and finding a new career.' And he said 'Join Jobseekers, at least you'll have an income.' To me as I left...
See, this is what I thought. I haven't done anything but the right thing. My mum was a wreck, that's why I came back also.

Just at the back of my mind i'm terrified. It's because I made big plans for this career.
I went to court yesterday for an interview for a statement for the final sentencing and the solicitor I talked to was like 'You're better off joining Jobseekers and finding a new career.' And he said 'Join Jobseekers, at least you'll have an income.' To me as I left...

So why were YOU in court? I'm confused.

It depends on whether the job is excepted from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act of 1974, which would mean that all convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings on your criminal record need be disclosed. If it is, then it's possible, but your explanation sounds reasonable so hopefully the interviewer thinks the same
Reply 5
Original post by Muttley79
So why were YOU in court? I'm confused.

I know! They said that everyone in the house needs to be investigated. Of course, I complied and did an interview. I even told them I tried to cut his nails etc... I've done nothing but be helpful. That's why I never told my new job as I thought, well what's it got to do with me?! Now i'm @ court being made to feel like a criminal and may even get community service AND a fine. Good job I managed to get a solicitor via Legal Aid...
Reply 6
Original post by SkyRunner61
It depends on whether the job is excepted from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act of 1974, which would mean that all convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings on your criminal record need be disclosed. If it is, then it's possible, but your explanation sounds reasonable so hopefully the interviewer thinks the same

I hope they see my side of things. I literally had no part in it I just arranged to have him rehomed that's all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending