The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i got 755 and a band 1, so hopefully i will be well above the cutoff
Original post by singhaman
i got 755 and a band 1, so hopefully i will be well above the cutoff

Hi what’s unis did you get interviews for and why do you think you got rejected ?
i got interviews at glasgow, aberdeen, and anglia ruskin. as to why i got rejected, who the fk knows (i am still trying to figure it out)
i got interviews at glasgow, aberdeen, and anglia ruskin. as to why i got rejected, who the fk knows (i am still trying to figure it out)

Is there a reason why you mainly apply to Scottish schools ? Are you from Scotland ?
yeah, i have highers, and pretty bad advanced highers. scottish schools focus on highers, whereas english schools want advanced highers. so my best bet is to apply for scottish schools and english schools that dont look at high school stuff if you are a graduate
I'll be applying for Glasgow this year, I got a UKCAT of 712.5 (band 2) and 6As at higher, is this enough to get an interview?
I am undecided between glasgow and edinburgh, do you guys think 707.5 ukcat and a 1st in biology gives me a chance for glasgow? Got rejected last year with a 625 ukcat (so hardly unexpected)
English grad, with bad a levels (terrible) and a biosciences degree with a low 2:1

747.5 UKCAT/2990 UKCAT. I got rejected last year with 670 UKCAT, and im not sure if this is down to the score or my academics. Can someone shed some light? Cut off scores aren't exactly representative for English students

EDIT: rang Glasgow and they don’t rank differently for interview invite for graduates or English student. Very helpful admissions team.
(edited 5 years ago)
Did you apply as a graduate?
Original post by michaela0899
Did you apply as a graduate?

Yeah :smile:
Original post by Antibiotics
English grad, with bad a levels (terrible) and a biosciences degree with a low 2:1

747.5 UKCAT/2990 UKCAT. I got rejected last year with 670 UKCAT, and im not sure if this is down to the score or my academics. Can someone shed some light? Cut off scores aren't exactly representative for English students!

omg dude. we have like the exact same stats. i got a degree in genetics with a 2.1, now on a masters (predicted distinction). i applied for medicine last year too with a 2740 band 3, got 3 interviews then rejected. yeah, i know.

this year i got 3020 and a band 1. hopefully it will be enough. but both my degrees are from glasgow and i am a scotish student
omg dude. we have like the exact same stats. i got a degree in genetics with a 2.1, now on a masters (predicted distinction). i applied for medicine last year too with a 2740 band 3, got 3 interviews then rejected. yeah, i know.

this year i got 3020 and a band 1. hopefully it will be enough. but both my degrees are from glasgow and i am a scotish student

Did you not get a Glasgow interview last year?! I’m going to ring them tomorrow because I want to know realistically what score is comfortable for an English student.

I read that pre degree doesn’t matter as long as you have the degree at a 2:1. So just rests on UKCAT. I know someone that got in two years ago with 720. The thing is i need to know if Glasgow is realistic as otherwise I’ll apply to five year Newcastle instead!
Original post by Antibiotics
Did you not get a Glasgow interview last year?! I’m going to ring them tomorrow because I want to know realistically what score is comfortable for an English student.

I read that pre degree doesn’t matter as long as you have the degree at a 2:1. So just rests on UKCAT. I know someone that got in two years ago with 720. The thing is i need to know if Glasgow is realistic as otherwise I’ll apply to five year Newcastle instead!

i did actually, but they rejected me after it
i did actually, but they rejected me after it

Ah sorry to hear. We learn from experience though and I’m sure you’ll smash it next time round!
Risky applying with 675 B1?
Original post by prospectmedic123
Risky applying with 675 B1?

I think that’s risky but not so risky that I’d say it was a waste of an application, definitely worth a shot if you really want to go
Original post by cameron2101
I'll be applying for Glasgow this year, I got a UKCAT of 712.5 (band 2) and 6As at higher, is this enough to get an interview?

that should be enough to get you an interview, especially with 6As! Glasgow loves that ahaha
Hiya, was just wondering what the interview for Glasgow is like? All I know is that it's a panel interview!
Original post by Kaomen01
Hiya, was just wondering what the interview for Glasgow is like? All I know is that it's a panel interview!

Is it not MMI these days? I hope it’s not. Always wanted a panel interview (genuinely, no sarcasm)

Latest